Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safari cant open the page because it cant find the server...

Options
  • 02-06-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

i have the eircom wireless broadband, and this keeps coming up, and i cant open any web pages?
    i bought this itouch in New York, anyone got ideas for me?

usually the (?) goes away when it approves the wep code, but thats not happening either...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Do any of the other network-enabled apps work? e.g. weather, mail

• Registered Users Posts: 44 1959

cant do anything, it wont connect to my router

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

1959 wrote: »
    cant do anything, it wont connect to my router

Two things - can you get another device (e.g laptop) working with the wireless router? Also, have you double-checked your wep key?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 1959

tried my laptop, and another itouch. they both connected, using the wep on the bottom of the eircom router

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Are you sure you entered the password correctly? A typo will sometimes cause this. Try resetting the network settings. So to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Then try connecting again.

If that doesn't work, check if it's connecting using DHCP or manually. If it's using DHCP, switch to manual or if it's connecting manually, switch to DHCP. You access these settings by going into the Wifi settings and tapping the blue circle with the > in it.

Try these Manual settings:
    IP Address: 192.168.1.50
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.254
    DNS: 192.168.1.254

Also, I'm presuming you don't have MAC address filtering turned on?

• Advertisement
Advertisement