Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Blue Terrier getting more aggressive

Options
  • 02-06-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As the title suggests, I have a 4 year old Kerry Blue Terrier who is getting aggressive.

I work during the day, so he stays with my parents and their dog (the dogs are good company for each other)

Recently however he has gotten very agressive to strangers - even people walking by my window get a huge reaction from him.

Over the weekend he snapped at my parents bitch (which I put down to the hot weather maybe)

I have just been speaking to my mum, and she told me that a politcian called earlier with leaflets and Caesar (the dog) went for him.

He didn't bite (thankfully) but just went at the guy - barking, and showing his teeth etc.

anyway, it will break my heart to have to get rid of him, which I may have to if this continues.

Does anyone have any tips? Or know anyone in the Drogheda area who can help me and more importantly my dog?

thanks
    Suzanne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

You should try Maureen Byrne of Westie rescue/Dogs behaving badly, she's in Louth. http://www.irishanimals.ie/care/behaviour.html

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

thanks Toulouse!

I see she does one-on-one training though - I think I may be better trying to integrate Caesar with other dogs - opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

35notout wrote: »
    a politcian called earlier with leaflets and Caesar (the dog) went for him

Was it Declan Ganley? Can I borrow your dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

lightening wrote: »
    Was it Declan Ganley? Can I borrow your dog?

Ha!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I have just been speaking to my mum, and she told me that a politcian called earlier with leaflets and Caesar (the dog) went for him.
    :D:D:D:D

This might not be any good but I found this girl who travels to your home for 35euro an hour. website http://www.k9training.ie/services.html

• Advertisement

35notout wrote: »
    thanks Toulouse!

I see she does one-on-one training though - I think I may be better trying to integrate Caesar with other dogs - opinions?

Get onto Maureen or the girls in Dog Training Ireland and see what they think but I for one would like to get to the bottom of the situation with your parents dog and strangers before I'd even attempt to integrate him.

Thanks guys!

I was speaking to a guy last night who is a member of the APDT, and he is going to come over to the house and have a "chat" with Caesar - strangely enough I met him out when I was walking the dog!

I think the incident with Bailey (my folks dog) was just a one-off - they normally are the best of friends (bitch and dog)

But I will definately keep you updated on his progress, as he really is a great dog and wonderful company for me!

That's great! Best of luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Often is a one -off... sounds good now.

quote=35notout;60512879]Thanks guys!

I was speaking to a guy last night who is a member of the APDT, and he is going to come over to the house and have a "chat" with Caesar - strangely enough I met him out when I was walking the dog!

I think the incident with Bailey (my folks dog) was just a one-off - they normally are the best of friends (bitch and dog)

But I will definately keep you updated on his progress, as he really is a great dog and wonderful company for me![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭McNulty

Don't know if it was Denis you met who run's Bellewstown Kennels? He does APDT training in Drogheda on Tuesday nights. We did take our two (Cocker Brothers) there but we slipped out of it. He is good with the dogs though and we take them to Bellewstown for grooming.
    Think his details are on the Bellewstown Kennel's website

Cheers

Jim

• Advertisement

Yeah Jim it was Denis!

and i have also booked Caesar in to get groomed this weekend - so hopefully he will be as beautiful on the outside as I know he can be on the inside (with a little help!)

Advertisement