Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Quick Green Recycling Rant

Options
  • 02-06-2009 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Alrighty!

I went up to Swords to drop some rubbish last week and, to my surprise there was a charge of €8 for the privelege. I trimmed some trees in my back garden this weekend and filled 1/2 a ton bag with stuff - lo and behold, another €16!!!

I dont know about anyone else, but if I'm going to make the effort to drive my grass, wood chippings and bits of trees to a recycling centre, why should I have to pay for it? Like the brown bins available in most of the city now (ours is great and between it and the green bin, our black only goes out once a fortnight if not less), I know that a lot of the stuff goies off to Bord Na Mona to be made into compost. So local councils are making it from the punter dumping their waste and from BNM buying it. and then BNM are making mroe cash by selling us back our own garden waste ass compost (which i dont necessarily have a problem with as there is an element of processing required)

Paying to dump my garden stuff just really irks me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭themetallifan

Yeah it's a bit ridiculous. Should be free....always something that's bothered me

Also, why can't we recycle glass in our collected bins? I know it takes work to sort...but the US can do it in weekly collections (one bin for everything but foodstuffs and compostable materials). I just think it would encourage people to recycle stuff more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

mulch much ????

Advertisement