Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone - inputting text with numerical keypad rather than the QWERTY keypad

Options
  • 02-06-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

I find it very awkward to text on my iPhone using the QWERTY keypad. Is there a way or something I can download to input text using the Numerical keypad instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think there is, but the upcoming 3.0 iphone software is supposed to allow you to send texts using the iphone horizontally, so there's more space in the on-screen keyboard which makes it easier to type (for me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

If your current iPhone is jailbroken, you can buy iRealSMS for 10 dollars which gives you landscape texts, and a real inbox/outbox to go with the conversation view too. Best 10 dollars I've ever spent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

And if you're not jailbroken, EirText Pro has landscape keyboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

CyberDave wrote: »
    I find it very awkward to text on my iPhone using the QWERTY keypad. Is there a way or something I can download to input text using the Numerical keypad instead?

Check out Jelly SMS also. It has a landscape keyboard. It's free at the minute:

http://bit.ly/jsLBE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

And if you're not jailbroken, EirText Pro has landscape keyboard :)
    fbradyirl wrote: »
    Check out Jelly SMS also. It has a landscape keyboard. It's free at the minute:

http://bit.ly/jsLBE

Ok guys, let's not turn this an advertisement for each other's apps. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement