Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand must sees and dos

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,
    My Girlfriend and I and another couple are heading over to Thailand on the 23rd of July for a month.Havent set any major plan as of yet the only things we have done so far is book the Cocohut Village for the Full Moon Party.
    I think we are going to spend the either the first night in Bankok and the head north to Changmai where we are hoping to do the trekking and tubbing then head down to the Full Moon Party.
    We have being doing some research but i woul like to get the advice of people who have done it before.We want to do all the nice beaches and waterfalls and scenery also we want to do all the watersports and basically do everything we get the chance to do.
    Can anybody recommend things to do and places that are a must see aswell?
    Cheers..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

just back from a long trip away and spent 3 months all around thailand... full moon is something to do and then get away from...

chiang mai is really amazing and i would say try get up further north to the golden triangle.. get off the beaten path and rent mopeds strap your ruksacks on and go for a few days to the smaller towns around the border..

down south you have the major beaches and resorts..
    phi phi is expensive but one of the best beaches in the world.
    phuket is a kip and so is pattaya.

get the train its the best way if you have the time and its very cheap and easy to book.
    bangkok is great and try get away from the kao san road even for a few days.

any questions

let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

just back from a long trip away and spent 3 months all around thailand... full moon is something to do and then get away from...

chiang mai is really amazing and i would say try get up further north to the golden triangle.. get off the beaten path and rent mopeds strap your ruksacks on and go for a few days to the smaller towns around the border..

down south you have the major beaches and resorts..
    phi phi is expensive but one of the best beaches in the world.
    phuket is a kip and so is pattaya.

get the train its the best way if you have the time and its very cheap and easy to book.
    bangkok is great and try get away from the kao san road even for a few days.

any questions

let me know

What does the Golden Triangle mean?
    Yeah i really want to see changmai,we have booked the hotel for 5 nights and leaving the day after the party for the full moon.
    Only really want to stay in Bangkok for the first day and for a weekend on the way back to do bit shopping stay somewhere nice!
    So you recommend travelling by rail then.
    Can tubing be done in Thailand or is it only in Laos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

rail is fantastic is thailand,
    overnight sleeper either 1st class about 35euro each for 2 people sharing own compartment or 2nd class aircon sleeper for about 20, thats to chiang mai

i am sure you can tube in thailand but vieng vang in laos is the place to be when it come to tubing

the golden triangle is the meeting point of laos, burma and thailand.. was once a massive drug trail

what time of year are you going:?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dohc

ro1798 wrote: »
    rail is fantastic is thailand,
    overnight sleeper either 1st class about 35euro each for 2 people sharing own compartment or 2nd class aircon sleeper for about 20, thats to chiang mai

i am sure you can tube in thailand but vieng vang in laos is the place to be when it come to tubing

the golden triangle is the meeting point of laos, burma and thailand.. was once a massive drug trail

what time of year are you going:?

Thats great sounds like the way to travel really doesnt it.
    So would you recommend it to go to vieng vang for the tubing?

I am heading on the 23rd of July for one month and want to do as much as possible really?

All tips and recommendations wanted?

CAn people share there storys of what they did too,would be helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ofjames

koh tao is a little gem of a place.

I went there after a marvelously hectic 4 nights around the full moon on Koh Phangan and the atmosphere there was a great contrast. Great place to chill out for a few days and do some scuba and adventure stuff.

there is a really cool beachfront with all these cool bars facing right onto the beach. sit there sipping on a beanbag sipping on cocktails long into the evening. absolutely quality!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement