Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 unlimited internet

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

In the UK the O2 iPhone tariffs include unlimited wifi to the various BT clouds and also internet 3G usage. Does anyone know what "unlimited" equates to ? I was speaking with Vodafone UK yesterday and their "unlimited" access equates to 500mbs a month.

The reason I ask is I finally got out of my contract with 3 due to the get out of jail free card they offered due to the removal of the 3 LIKE Home Service and am considering an iPhone.

I got a text last week off them saying that I had gone over their fair use policy of unlimited internet usage. I have been streaming 2FM for 15 hours a week for the previous two weeks to that. So am wondering if I were to do the same streaming on an O2 contract what their max fair usage would be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think O2's standard iphone tarriff comes with 1GB per month. They throw in wifi at certain locations for 12 months too which is apparently unlimited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

O2 gives you 1GB a month. The 12 months of Wifi is for pre pay, bill pay get Wifi for as long as you're in contract.
    The Wifi is the usual "unlimited" subject to fair use.They give no indication of what exceeds fair use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Stephen wrote: »
    I think O2's standard iphone tarriff comes with 1GB per month. They throw in wifi at certain locations for 12 months too which is apparently unlimited.

1GB should definitely sufficient, twice as much as Vodafone offer. I am still undecided as to which provider to go for as regards best network coverage. O2 or Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

TinCool wrote: »
    The reason I ask is I finally got out of my contract with 3 due to the get out of jail free card they offered due to the removal of the 3 LIKE Home Service and am considering an iPhone.

3 like home services have not been removed for Irish customers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any more information on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

kearnsr wrote: »

I'm living in the UK. 3 are getting rid of their 3 Like Home Service for their UK subscribers, no where else though. It's a pain to be fair, as I save a fortune as I travel back and forth between UK and Ireland quite regularly.

But am taking the opportunity to get out of my contract (got my PAC code after 65 minutes on to their wonderful customer service dept) since without the 3 Like Home service, they don't offer me anything else that other providers here do. Time to plum for a new phone and contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My post was based on O2 Ireland. I imagine you'll get a better deal in the UK.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

1GB should definitely sufficient, twice as much as Vodafone offer. I am still undecided as to which provider to go for as regards best network coverage. O2 or Vodafone.

Voda give 1GB for €10 per month now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kearnsr wrote: »

Ah I thought it was here

Advertisement