Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge Warm, Freezer fine???

Options
  • 02-06-2009 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello fellow Boardies,
    I have a 50/50 Bosch Excell Maxx fridge freezer. The temperature is set at 2 degrees but the light is flashing and the fridge is warm , so essentially my fridge is just a press for storing food rather than keeping it cool & fresh. Surprisingly, the freezer part is working perfectly???

Is my fridge/freezer knackered, or can this be repaired?
    When I bought a Bosch appliance, I expected that I would enjoy several years of trouble free service from my purchase.

Any advice in this matter is much appreciated.

Regards,

T

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sounds to me as if it can be fixed. I had the same problem before and it was just a matter of replacing a part.
    Most electrical appliances have a 5 year parts warranty, but after 2 years you have to pay a charge for the labour.
    Bosch are pretty good and if you phone them with your model number and tell them what's wrong they'll send an engineer out quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks Dizzyblonde,
    I will give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Not sure if this would make any differnce but we get a problem when the drain hole for the defrost at the back of that same model gets blocked, so might be worth pulling it out and checking before you get an engineer out?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks ttm,
    But I got the guy out, cost me EU50 for the privilege of telling me it's knackered. Some malarchy about the gasses escaping blah,blah,blah. He reckons not to eat food ibn freezer as it may not be adequately frozen. So it's a right dolly mixture of dinners in our house for the next couple of days!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Sorry to hear it's knackered Twiggy.
    Enjoy your freezer feast though :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement