Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Ordinary Level

Options
  • 01-06-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Any predictions on what will come up, this is one subjuct I am pretty horible at. I only scraped a 40% pass in the mocks.

I have these experiments done:

Verification of the Principal of Conservation of Momentum
    Accelleration Due to 'g'.
    Boyles Law
    SHC of water by Electrical Method.
    Specific Latent Heat Capacity of Vaporised Water
    Fundemental Freq. of a Stretched String with Length
    Measurement of the resitivity of the meterial of a wire.

I will do:

Snells Law of Refraction
    Focal Length of a converging lens.
    Variation of Current eith Potential Difference.

=============================

What can I expect to come up on the paper (Main paper / Non-experiments also)?

Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Hey, I'm doing ordinary myself and I am also horrible at this subject AND I only got 46% in the mocks haha so I'm in the same boat but unfortunately I don't know what might be coming up, so if anyone else out there can help, then it would be most appreciated!

I will say though that I think the Verification of the principle conservation of momentum is a higher level only experiment so we dont need to now that.

I also I would suggest loking at last years experiments and NOT study those.

Otherwise I have no Idea, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Are you giving the formulae in OL?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Yeah any question that involves working out with figures, you will be given the relevant formulae.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Oohhh.. Physics predictions, not a great idea. This year, or so I'm told, is critical mass in terms of predictions. Either they will be spot on or widely off. The course has almost shown its entire hand in terms of experiments.

Personally, I'm doing HL, but I recommend doing every experiment because each one has some connection, no matter how small, to every part of the course.

Advertisement