Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrybank Shopping Center

Options
  • 01-06-2009 12:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see good progress is being made with the Ferrybank Shopping Center - whats the ETA? Do they plan on opening or is it just finishing the development and wait until things get better?

That new roundabout is terrible, seems like very sloppy work. Lanes are tight enough and its not even level. Can see it being a disaster during busy times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

WTF? Kilkenny city? County shirley (just about)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Controversial Sully!!

Would be interesting to see a list of outlets intending on operating in there though. The whole thing is coming along nicely and is just a stroll away from my house.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    WTF? Kilkenny city? County shirley (just about)?

Good point. Ill move it :)
    Controversial Sully!!

Its over the Waterford border :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Is that the big building on your right as you leave Waterford heading out the Ross road?
    I passed that 6 months ago and it looked finished. Were Dunnes supposed to be going there? Not now I'd say!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mfitzy wrote: »
    Is that the big building on your right as you leave Waterford heading out the Ross road?
    I passed that 6 months ago and it looked finished. Were Dunnes supposed to be going there? Not now I'd say!

Sure is. Big changes over the last few months, inlcuding road changes to allow for a roundabout and traffic lights. The buliding itself is finally being finalised. Dunnes pulled out IIRC. Fair bit to go by the looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

mfitzy wrote: »

IIRC, construction stopped around the time the credit crunch really got going (September 2008, when Lehman's collapsed and our own government brought in the deposit guarantee).

It looks as if they got going again on it though, a couple of months ago. A new roundabout has been built too.

I heard (don't know where) that it is due now to open towards the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Heard Asda were going to open their first irish shop in there not sure how true it is

Advertisement