Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vision Express

Options
  • 01-06-2009 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anybody have any experience with them? Are they better or worse than Specsavers? Are they cheaper in the North than they are in Dublin?
    Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rosina

They are a little more expensive but the quality of both the frames and customer service is unbeatable! They sell a card along with their glasses that covers them for 2 years against any form of breakage! I have scratched the lens on mine and have had them replaced several times... no questions asked. I think they're pretty much the same price up north as here... Hope that's some help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I bought my glasses from them in galway last week and was surprised to see they had them ready the following day even with my peculiar prescription! Specsavers had told me it would take 2weeks!

I did buy into that advantage card as they gave it to me for 8euro.

The one problem I had was that when I explained I was going to use a medical card they said grand and gave me a hugely incorrect price etc so misinformed me, even though I kept saying "Are you certain that's right because as far as I know you're wrong"....turned out I was right but no one apologised and I heard the same guy giving out incorrect info the following day..so know your rights:)

Happy out with my glasses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vilno

I just went to vision express in athlone. Was very impressed with them compared to the usual optician I used to goto. Never been to specsavers though!

Part of the reason I went was cos of what was said on here about them in general so thx!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I have being using vision express for the last 6yrs and have found them to be incredible for customer service. I have had various issues - ie stepped on glasses or damaged lenses and they have always helped me out without laying into me with costs.
    My local branch is doing 3 pairs of glasses incl lenses for 199 at the moment. Ordered yesterday and can collect on monday afternoon :) To be honest I would never go near specsavers, I value good reliable customer service too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

been using them for 10 years + in merchants Quay in cork and alway fround them great. even for just check up's for my contact lenses quick and no hassle. friendly staff never had a problem. patents tried spec savers a few times and had hassle getting prescription sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Cutie_pc wrote: »
    I have being using vision express for the last 6yrs and have found them to be incredible for customer service. I have had various issues - ie stepped on glasses or damaged lenses and they have always helped me out without laying into me with costs.
    My local branch is doing 3 pairs of glasses incl lenses for 199 at the moment. Ordered yesterday and can collect on monday afternoon :) To be honest I would never go near specsavers, I value good reliable customer service too much.

Vision Express have lots of offers on at the moment but not 3 for e199.

Your local optician is more than likely called Vision Opticians which is in no way connected to Vision Express.

Lots of people on the high street confused about this at the moment.

Advertisement