Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography in DIT

Options
  • 01-06-2009 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Photography in dit is 635 points with a portfolio . How many points is the portfolio alone ?
    And what kind of portfolio should i be building up ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I hope you are thinking about next year ..... you need to prepare a portfolio and do an interview in March/April before the Leaving Cert.

as for what to put in it... a collection of varied work- including work published, be creative - I haven't been in the college so cant actually say what to include as part of your portfolio ... but I'm sure a quick boards search will help you find similar threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Your portfolio is marked out of 600 and then you add on your L.C points. But from what I've heard this year the marking has gotten much harder in the art dept. not sure if it's the same for photography.
    It's an early access course so you will need to have applied before the 1st of February to be called for interview and submission of your work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its not easy, i would consider a portfolio course unless your quite good as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

arex wrote: »
    Photography in dit is 635 points with a portfolio . How many points is the portfolio alone ?
    And what kind of portfolio should i be building up ?

I was in first year in that course this year and for my portfolio I submitted about 20 photographs, mainly portraits because that's what I'm interested in and feel I do best but I threw in some landscape and architectural photography aswell to show that I can vary my work and do other things.

The portfolio is marked out of 600 and then added on to your LC points. Unless you're a mature student 'cause then I'm not too sure. Some people are called for an interview too.

PM me if you want more info :)

Advertisement