Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography - Physical Q1

Options
  • 01-06-2009 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking over my papers and I've come across some questions that I'd like some clarification on.

2007 Q1 - Part C (Physical Geography Section)

Weathering :
    With reference to the Irish landscape, examine how the processes of weathering have influenced the developement of any one limestone feature. 30marks

Could you write about the formation of a Corrie/Cirque ?
    Using the Devils Punchbowl, Co.Wicklow as an example ?

2007 Q2 - Part B (Physical Geography Section)

Landform Developement:
    With the aid of a labelled diagram, examine the processes that have led to the formation of any one Irish Landform of your choice.

Could I discuss the formation of a Waterfall ?
    Using Glencar Lough, Co.Leitrim as an example ?

Not sure if this is correct way to answer. All advice is welcomed :)

Also one final thing...

Do you have to learn RIVERS, COASTS, ICE in detail or just one section in detail to answer the long questions ... ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Is glacial action a form of weathering?I'd just do a limestone cave and the features found within.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

I'd do clints and grikes for the weathering.
    Yep, you can write about any landform if it doesn't specify.
    You need to learn it ALL :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

1st question is for limestone pavement and 2nd question is for waterfalls all other post are wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

imfreein09 wrote: »
    1st question is for limestone pavement and 2nd question is for waterfalls all other post are wrong
    Nope.....
    Q1 - Any limestone feature - limestone pavement, swallow holes, karrens, uvalas, dolines, poljes, turloughs, stalactites, stalagmites, pillar.
    Q2 - It doesn't specify fluvial, could be volcanic/plutonic (Leinster Batholith), coastal (Sand spit) or glacial (Cirque).

Advertisement