Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weight of this camper/

Options
  • 31-05-2009 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Wen to see one of these today http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/caravans/881340

The plate under the bonnet had 3 weights
    3500KG
    then 1 1850KG
    then 2 2150KG

just wondering if its under the 3500KG or not
    The one im looking ' is 94...only main problem see with it is a bit of rust under the two front doors.
    Cheers
    Marty.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sol_MB

I can not say for sure without looking at it, but in my experience.

The first is the Gross weight, So 3.5 is okay for a B class license.

The other two are probably axel weights Front axel can take 1.8 back can take 2.1.

Also you may see, "Comb weight", I think that has something to do with toeing a trailer?

Any way, hope I am right and it helps, I would get a second oppion as just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

3500kg is not the weight of the vehicle, just the max allowed weight of the vehicle when fully loaded.
    As stated the other two weights given are the max weights for each axle.
    The only way for you to find the weight of the vehicle is to take it to a weighbridge.
    PS if it's got an Irish reg plate then duty will already have been paid on it so the issue of weight will not be as important, other then what class of driving license you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Cheers lads,
    The reason im asking is I only have a B licence..so im guessing im ok!
    Marty.

Advertisement