Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs!!flea,s and worms

Options
  • 31-05-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

hi all
    just noticed my dog scratching a lot and wanted to know!:o
    what the best treatment is?
    do i buy it in pet shop or vets?
    how much is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I used Advocate all-in-1 treatment for dogs. Bought it online and administered it myself.

But you should consult a vet to make sure it is fleas first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 teckster

If it is one flea, maybe you can catch and crush it :)

Some of the healthfood shops have a neem oil shampoo for pets, it is free from chemicals and takes care of fleas etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

I've found a wash with diluted dettol is good for dislodgin fleas, and it heals the skin. Followed by flea shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Go into the vet and you can buy your flea treatments and worm doses over the counter. You'll need to know what weight your dog is.

Check the coat to see if you can either see any fleas or their dirt which will look like little black specks.

I wouldn't wash with dettol as it contains a substance toxic to dogs and I know that mine always give themselves a good grooming after a wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

I didn't know about toxic ingredient. Do you know what it is. It's something I've done a lot with hairy dogs and never had any ill effects. I would be interested to know more. I'll also google it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement