Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boyle Poker

Options
  • 31-05-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

How do Boyle poker make money, when I set up an account and start playing poker?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

A thing called rake.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

Dont start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

Whats rake?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Everytime you register for a tournament you pay a fee and everytime you win a cash pot 'rake' is retained from your winnings. This profit goes to the network you play on. Skins, like Boyles, then get a percentage of whatever rake etc their players generate whilst playing poker from the netowork (ipoker).

Figured you may as well get an answer before the sarcasm sets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

you have 376 posts and you dont know what rake is ??????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

karpov33 wrote: »

[ ] Understands boards.ie

karpov33 wrote: »

well in fairness there is more to boards than poker :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

On Boyle the rake should be around ~5% of whatever the pot you win is, capped at a certain amount depending on what level you play at. For tournaments it's the bit in the price, like a 3+.30 tournament costs you 3.30 dollars, 3 goes into the prizepool and 30 cents goes to line the gold pockets in Boyle HQ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Donkathon wrote: »
    well in fairness there is more to boards than poker :rolleyes:

Don't be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

I wonder what there arrangement with i-poker is then? Do they pay them a percentage or what?

• Advertisement

Headspace wrote: »
    I wonder what there arrangement with i-poker is then? Do they pay them a percentage or what?

They do pay them a % (not that they earn it :rolleyes:) and you or I will never know what arrangement they have top secret and all that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Donkathon wrote: »
    They do pay them a % (not that they earn it :rolleyes:) and you or I will never know what arrangement they have top secret and all that,

Well if it's top secret i will get in trouble for telling you we pay them 20%. So for every $ you rake .20c goes to Ipoker

Also we subsidize all the shortfalls in guarentees that I-poker put up; for example the current ECOOP series is full of overlays, guess who is paying for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Well if it's top secret i will get in trouble for telling you we pay them 20%. So for every $ you rake .20c goes to Ipoker

Also we subsidize all the shortfalls in guarentees that I-poker put up; for example the current ECOOP series is full of overlays, guess who is paying for that?

aren't they opt-in events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

RoundTower wrote: »
    aren't they opt-in events?

They are indeed and we may well opt out of the next one as it's a ridiculous situation regarding the guarentee's.
    We will of course lose some players to other I-Poker skins as a result but i would rather throw the money we are contributing to the overlays (we have no input as to what I-Poker decide the guarentee is) into a tournament which may well gain us players from other I-Poker skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Explains why Boyles just shut down their Spanish based multilingual support service with 40 getting the heave ho.

"Sorry folks there was another overlay today so that's 2 more of you gone, fingers crossed for the PLO event tomorrow, if any of you have friends who play poker I'd get ringing if I were you" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Who pays? The customers usually. Especially on iPoker, they pay in many, many ways.

Advertisement