Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy Or Rent Taxi

Options
  • 31-05-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi

Gona be drivig a taxi soon in Dublin , I know what are you gona say , its **** , its bad

but havnt got anything else to do .

Got to find food for my family .

I need honest advise from people who know taxi

BUY A TAXI and A plate

BUY A TAXI and RENT A PLATE

RENT A TAXI AND PLATE

And yeah dont have a option......dont do it.

Also which radio compay to go for.
    Many Thanks

Buy Or Rent Taxi 4 votes

BUY A TAXI and A plate
    0% 0 votes
    BUY A TAXI and RENT A PLATE
    100% 4 votes
    RENT A TAXI AND PLATE
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Like serously.. would you not read into it proberly if you're going to be making a job out of it instead of seeing what people would vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Quite right ,

but istead of me tryig on myself , I thought to ask the gentlemen inside the trade .

Might be better

Lenny wrote: »
    Like serously.. would you not read into it proberly if you're going to be making a job out of it instead of seeing what people would vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

topdost wrote: »
    Quite right ,

but istead of me tryig on myself , I thought to ask the gentlemen inside the trade .

Might be better

Don't say you were warned but if you are that hell bent on it, rent a whole taxi for a good 3-4 months and see if it suits you and pans out. If you splash out on a plate, you will not recoup it's value at all if you ever need to sell it plus your car devalues hugely having been used as a taxi; if you do buy a plate then take an old one off a driver; it will be a little cheaper and you will do him a favour as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Yeah thats what is in my mind as well.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Don't say you were warned but if you are that hell bent on it, rent a whole taxi for a good 3-4 months and see if it suits you and pans out. If you splash out on a plate, you will not recoup it's value at all if you ever need to sell it plus your car devalues hugely having been used as a taxi; if you do buy a plate then take an old one off a driver; it will be a little cheaper and you will do him a favour as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Buy the plate, at least then (if you jack it in ) goodbodies and the TR will be getting the evidence of "churning"

• Advertisement
Advertisement