Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange Light Moving Across Sky

Options
  • 30-05-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was outside a short while back (10:50pm-ish) and saw an orange light moving across the sky in roughly an East to West orientation.

At the same time there was an aeroplane in the sky.. Aeroplane had 4 flashing lights but this object which appeared far higher than an aerplane would consisted of a constant orange light. As it moved across the light, it became less bright and became very faint until it could no longer be seen..

Any ideas what it might be.. satellite, ISS or something like that. Pretty certain it wasn't an aeroplane due to elevation and lack of noise.

Oh, wasn't drinking by the way!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 NickFromTipp

check heavens-above.com. Could've been the ISS. Weather balloon is another possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭squonk

I read a story a few weeks ago that the Royal Navy were using high altitude flares to test the firiing systems on their newer warships. The guns are controled by Radar and they were testing if it could track these flares. The ship was docked in Liverpool so it might not be beyond the bounds of possibility that what you saw was some of these flares.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Aliens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I saw exactly the same things a few weeks ago while I was in my garden.
    What ever it was flew right over me making making no sound at first I thought it was a helicopter but it was not.
    Where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It couldn't be the ISS as it always comes from the west. This is the time of year when you see a lot of satellites throughout the night, with the sun not far below the horizon. Add that to your description of no flashing lights, it seeming to be higher than the plane and it fading, it was definitely a satellite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement