Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROCKABILLY,SWING,JOHNNY CASH kinda thing!

Options
  • 30-05-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Rockabilly/swing/johnny cash kinda thing.
    right the story so far!!! i,m getting married on the 14th of august this year. the wedding is at 5oclock and we hope to be sitting 4 dinner by 8 at the latest. its at 5 as i have narcolepsy and catoplexy, which basicially means i have uncontrollable daytime sleep attacks! AND when i laugh, cry, get upset, even think of somthing smart, or any emotion can trigger a cataplexy attack which can be anything from me slumping over to completely falling in a heap on the ground. it usually only lasts for a minute but a girl just can,t liik attractive when she,s face down in her soup!!!!!redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif What this got to do with you, you might ask!!!!!
    Well i heard a band b4 a couple of years ago in Bar One in castlebar. i think their was three or four of them with guitars, stand up base, and drums i think!confused.gif they were dressed (not over the top though) in kinda fiftys gear, hair slicked back. they sang some johnny cash and swing kinda music and your man on the double base was spinning it round and giving it loads.cool.gif all in all they were deadly.. i remember thinking if i was ever getting married i,d have them playing. i cannot get their number i have tried in the bar.
    i,d love somthing like that playing through the dinner instead of the guests looking at me face down in me spuds at the top table, they would be the focal point!!! and all the tables including the top table facing the stage and enjoying the show.
    can anyone help me find them, or someone like them, or have any other ideas so i won,t be centre of attention through the meal!!!!! this is probly even in the wrong forum but i,ll give it a go. if ye can post or pm me i,d be sooo gratefull. thank you
    dosydelilah
    ps the reception is in castlebar co mayo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Sounds like a band I sometimes go see on Tuesday nights in Dublin. Singer called Foxy and bass player called Simon, can't think of the name of the band though! Bassist plays with Gerry Fish. They fit the bill and I've no reason to think they wouldn't do a wedding gig.

Leeson Lounge on Leeson Street every Tues.

Give yourselves a night out and go and see them otherwise remind me and I'll get their contact details...

in fact could this be the man you are looking for???

http://www.myspace.com/thing_in_the_attic

Advertisement