Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(AIB)Lodged Money through Post Office

Options
  • 30-05-2009 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭

There was money logged into my account today at 5 o clock through the post office but it has not arrived yet,there is money lodged inot my account on saturdays before and usually in my account at 6 or so but when I rang AIB customer support they said it takes 1 working day to reach your account,but this is lies as its in my account the same day,and I was told it would be there Wednesday.

Does anyone know will it go into my account today and would it being a bank holiday week end have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    gob
    Tagged:

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd imagine it won't hit your account until Tuesday at this stage, although if AIB are saying it'll take 1 working day, it could very well be Wednesday. I'm not sure what way AIB's systems work, as regards the money usually hitting your account on the saturday at around 6. Maybe give them another call and ask them to look at your account on the previous transactions and confirm what time they came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

The money only appears in your account straight away if it was lodged at an AIB branch. In this case, it was lodged in another bank. Your bank obviously can't put the money into your account until they have been notified by the post office (was it the post office or postbank? - there's a lot of confusion out there among customers as to which is which).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

When the money is put in on saturday I can take it out the same day defintly.It was in the post office it self

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

There was money logged into my account today at 5 o clock through the post office but it has not arrived yet,there is money lodged inot my account on saturdays before and usually in my account at 6 or so but when I rang AIB customer support they said it takes 1 working day to reach your account,but this is lies as its in my account the same day,and I was told it would be there Wednesday.

Does anyone know will it go into my account today and would it being a bank holiday week end have anything to do with it?

Thanks
    gob

Lodgement from a Post office takes an hour or two to appear when lodged early in the day (lunch time).

But post offices stay open after normal banking hours, not sure if this is relevant, but after 4pm might be considered part of the next working day, so Tuesday maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yea its looking like that now.Just that its gone in at the same time before (after 5) and I still got it the same day.Any thanks and just wanted to know for again.

gob

• Advertisement
Advertisement