Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best beer garden in Dublin (apart from Dicey's)

Options
  • 30-05-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

As the title says

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

D2

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anywhere decent? Dicey's and D2 don't quite meet the decent category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Porterhouse in glasnevin north gets my vote, be there early!

Or, Ocean Bar on the south docks where you can swing your legs over the edge on the decking in the sun while enjoying your pint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

The Living Room of Cathal Brugha street is good after that not much choice IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fitzsimons in temple bar has a roof top bar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

not really a beer garden but you can sit by the canal - The Barge. V busy with the good weather tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Odessa in Exchequer St has a class beer garden on the 5th floor. Its a members club so you have to be a member's guest but its far and away the best beer garden in the city center. ( my mate joined solely because of the beer garden ). And because its a members club it wont be so wedged you can't get through the crowd. You'll also have a good chance of getting a seat, even on the busiest/sunniest of days like last Friday just gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

RATM wrote: »
    Odessa in Exchequer St has a class beer garden on the 5th floor. Its a members club so you have to be a member's guest but its far and away the best beer garden in the city center. ( my mate joined solely because of the beer garden ). And because its a members club it wont be so wedged you can't get through the crowd. You'll also have a good chance of getting a seat, even on the busiest/sunniest of days like last Friday just gone.

I presume you have to pay to join...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I presume you have to pay to join...?
    Only EUR 50 to join and EUR 375 per year :D
    It's a nice enough club (well the only one I've ever been to and just as a guest), but only to have access to the beer garden???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think the OP was asking for non-members pubs!

Try The Beggars Bush on Haddington road, it has a large beer garden out the front with Guinness about 4 quid a pint in the sun!

Or try The Bell in Blanch for outside seating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

xia wrote: »
    Only EUR 50 to join and EUR 375 per year :D
    It's a nice enough club (well the only one I've ever been to and just as a guest), but only to have access to the beer garden???

If you can leave them to believe that you are non-resident its only €120 per year, I'm told they never asked my mate for a foreign address even though he has one ;)

For €120 a year its well worth it IMO, sure thats only €2.50 a week and the membership allows you to bring in up to four guests. It has a superb beer garden where you'll most likely get a seat even on the sunniest of days. They also serve your table till 4 in the morning which is a bonus if you want a late drink but don't fancy a packed club :D

But for beer gardens in non-members clubs then I'd say O'neills on Suffolk St is quite good. its not massive like Diceys but it is nice and the bar isn't a million miles away. It also has plasma TVs so you can watch the sport outdoors whilst sipping on a pint and sucking a fag :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

gurramok wrote: »

Try The Beggars Bush on Haddington road, it has a large beer garden out the front with Guinness about 4 quid a pint in the sun!

+1 There's another pub on Haddington Road aswell with a big beer garden out front, it's up the other way closer to Ballsbridge afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Originally Posted by gurramok viewpost.gif

is that ryans of Beggars Bush i would back you up on that but is a bit out of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Another option is the Church on the corner of Mary St and Jervis St, seats on 3 sides and plenty of sun/shade depending on what you're looking for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

dudara wrote: »
    Anywhere decent? Dicey's and D2 don't quite meet the decent category.

Whatever about d2 - Diceys is loada w a n k.

The footpath on Duke st beats 'em all anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Serious lack of good beer gardens in the city centre IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

its the city centre in fariness.space is at a premium.

technically its in kildare but easy for anyone in west dub to get to-the courtyard in leixlip has a huge outdoor area-reason the place is called the courtyard.loads of outdoor seating, waterfall, gazebos etc.theresa big balcony off the first floor bar too looking out over it too.

the new mantra nightclub in maynooth looks like itll beat them all hands down when it opens next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Fibbers on Parnell Street, don't knock it till you try it! quite a big beer garden type of thing..

Advertisement