Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting into medicine

Options
  • 30-05-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all

wonder if anyone can help me out, im 26 and have made the big decision that i want to go back to college and try and get into med school. i really want to be a doctor in paediatrics. i know this is going to take alot of hard work and commitment but i know im ready for it. just looking for some advice really please.

thanks
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭IKOS

petemg wrote: »
    Hi all

wonder if anyone can help me out, im 26 and have made the big decision that i want to go back to college and try and get into med school. i really want to be a doctor in paediatrics. i know this is going to take alot of hard work and commitment but i know im ready for it. just looking for some advice really please.

thanks
    Peter

Hi Peter,

I think it depends on what route you are going to take. There is a graduate entry and also mature student entry route - where you do not have a degree at the moment. Depending on which one you are going to follow there will be different criteria for entry.

Have a look at the CAO hand book. Also the application process may vary from college to college, have a look at their admissions page, on the relevant college websites.

Here is the CAO hand book -> http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭petemg

IKOS wrote: »
    Hi Peter,

I think it depends on what route you are going to take. There is a graduate entry and also mature student entry route - where you do not have a degree at the moment. Depending on which one you are going to follow there will be different criteria for entry.

Have a look at the CAO hand book. Also the application process may vary from college to college, have a look at their admissions page, on the relevant college websites.

Here is the CAO hand book -> http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php
    thanks for that ikos, ill be taking the mature route as i dont have a degree yet, thanks for the link though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭petemg

Hi all

im trying to get some shift shaddowing and work experience in hospitals/surgeries in dublin to help with my application to med school but not having much luck. any help, advice or direction would be appreciated please

thanks
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 runawaytrain

Advertisement