Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone and Rebel SIM

Options
  • 30-05-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Has anybody out there any expereince with Rebel SIM?

I bought one of there rebel SIM's last week becuase their website claimed that it was a plug and play device that would allow me to use the iphone with any network. It sounded like a great solution to unlocking the iphone so I bought one.

The product arrived and I plugged it into the iphone and it did not work. I downloaded the setup instructions and they were as long as they were complicated. Anyway after a week of tooing and froing with this company, upgrading, downgrading firmware on the RS then trying different vodafone SIM's just in case there was a problem with mine - the product still does not work.

I contacted them about getting my money back becuase I feel like I have been scammed. They sent me back a message saying it was obviously something that I have been doing wrong becuase hundreds of Irish customers have used their product without any problem.

Has anybody esle used this company and if yes what was your experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Would be interested to know aswell. Im stuck on 5.9 so turbo sim is my only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I tried one before the 5.08 downgrade was available and it didn't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

I was using their stuff before the software unlock came out and sold it to people over here. Had about an 80% success rate, they're constantly upgrading their firmware - do u have a programmer (thing which the card slots in to and then connects to your PC) to upgrade yours with?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

smackyB wrote: »
    I was using their stuff before the software unlock came out and sold it to people over here. Had about an 80% success rate, they're constantly upgrading their firmware - do u have a programmer (thing which the card slots in to and then connects to your PC) to upgrade yours with?

I have the programmer and have tried all the released updates and about 6 beta versions. The best I have managed to achieve is for the phone to connect to Vodafone for 20 seconds before dropping it and then getting a message say "No SIM"

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

what firmware u running? to be honest those chips will never work as well as a software unlock, they're just far too much hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

Last version I tried was V71. To be honest I have given up on Rebel SIM and am hoping the the Dev Team will release a new soft unlock now that Apple have officially released 3.0 software.

Until then my iphone sits in it's box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

i am using the gever plus2 sim at the moment and it works perfect on meteor. Phone is running 2.2.1.....strong signal and no dropped calls etc. Downside is the Gever will not work on the three network.....so I am trying these guys:-

http://www.unlockediphone.info/3Gunlock.html

Been in contact with them and they claim their sim will unlock for 3 Ireland.....no idea if it will work.

Advertisement