Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given the choice would you prefare the world to be more active

Options
  • 29-05-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

As in paranormally active - lots of people here are interested in the paranormal and actively search it out, how many of you would like a world like in the movies with serious in your face paranormal activity - I'm talking poltergeist evil dead kind of stuff here - big bad ass demons and spirits actively causing havok around the place.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

God no. We'd all go nuts. I think the world is plenty terrifying with the stuff weve already got, and if its research your after, I think theres already enough to look at there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If that's what you want, starting learning ceremonial magic and join a few occult lodges.

Also work with the Goetia. Plenty of demons there for you to meet and greet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

MooseJam wrote: »
    As in paranormally active - lots of people here are interested in the paranormal and actively search it out, how many of you would like a world like in the movies with serious in your face paranormal activity - I'm talking poltergeist evil dead kind of stuff here - big bad ass demons and spirits actively causing havok around the place.

according to some on these boards, the world is like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

No,if it was commonplace it would be boring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The world is already quite active enough for me naturally! Its plates keep moving where I live, giving us a 4.7 earthquake a few days past, along with pre- and post-shocks. And if one of them shifts enough below one of the nuclear electric generating stations either north (San Luis Obispo) or south (San Onofre) of LA Metro to create a China Syndrome, you just may have an opportunity to test any paranormal belief you many have about what happens when tens-of-thousands of spirits become dispirited?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

MooseJam wrote: »

No, thanks. I think we live on the material plane of earth for a reason- to experience the material. However, I like to think I'm striving for overall 'soul growth' in the long-term via my actions here, as dumb as that may sound. I also believe in God and that my soul won't die when I physically bite the dust, both of which tend to indirectly inform how I live my life.

The paranormal is of interest to me but it happens to be one of *many* things that captures my interest. In any case, I don't immediately link "big bad ass demons and spirits" with the paranormal because I don't view all of it as negative. However, I wouldn't like anything at all to do with the above nasties on an everyday basis.

Advertisement