Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamiya Boomerang

Options
  • 29-05-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the Tamiya range were a common hobby brand in ireland in the 80's? I dont remember anyone having one other then the Boomerang. I'm thinking of buying the Boomerang just because it was the first coolest buggy I seen as a kid as a lad across the road had one in around 1987.
    It is nice seeing a familiar face again as it has been re released.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58418boomerang08/index.htm
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Hi Mondeo,
    Not sure how popular they were first time around, but most of my stuff is the newer Tamiya, including a re-re Grasshopper for the Mrs.
    I don't know if they had a distributor over here or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

Tamiya dont have an Irish distributor (Irish market very small and Tamiya range is so big) but as far as I know their UK agents do supply Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quandry

So Mondeo did you ever get that Boomerang?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

Quandry wrote: »
    So Mondeo did you ever get that Boomerang?

Nope, I got into the electric helicopter phase instead, then moved to quadcopters. To be honest I get a hugh kick out of flying that I would never get in an RC car.

Cheers, I fly air also and prefer it. I still like Tamiyas though! :)

• Advertisement

In order to help keep Irish Tamiya RC owners/fans in touch I have created a facebook page, feel free to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TamiyaIreland/

Advertisement