Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wedding gift to get for my 1st cousin.

Options
  • 29-05-2009 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Heya, my 1st cousin, whom I am very close to is getting married soon and im not sure what to get her as a present. I am her bridesmaid and her mother seems to have bought anything anyone can come up with. I'd like something a little different, and something both she and her husband will enjoy.
    Money feels very impersonal even though I know they are trying to set up a home too.
    All ideas welcomed :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

TBH Id suggest you give her money and then maybe a small gift.

You mentioned she's trying to set up a home so she'd really appreciate the money I'd say (I'm in the same position and hoping for mainly cash at my wedding)

Along with that maybe you could make a scrapbook with pictures of moments you and her have shared or a nice photoframe with a pic of the pair of you - something personal.

Or if you're really set against the money - just ask if there's anything she'd like!You're the chief bridesmaid so ye must be pretty close. That way you'd know you're getting her something she really wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Why not book them a weekend away somewhere a few months after the wedding (I would have said before the wedding, but it might be too late!) Soemthing that they can enjoy when all the fuss and hoo-hah around the wedding day has died down. My parents got me n h2b a weekend away for my birthday earlier this year, we're getting married in Aug, so my folks thought it might be nice for us to get away, it was the perfect pressie!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

I bought my best friend a tree as part of her wedding present. It's one that flowers around the time of their wedding anniversary each year - she really loved it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dragonsue

you can give her money and also a small gift, as a close relative or friend, can buy her a necklace that she can wear on her wedding day.

http://www.dmscollection.com/mall/productpage.cfm/DMSCollections/_P10012/191051/Classic%20fresh%20water%20pearl%20necklace

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RAPUNZEL

Hi Drucilla
    I seen a fabulous idea for a wedding present recently. Its called bridal flowers forever - your bridal flowers painted! What a gorgeous memento to have. Don't know how much it costs. I am getting married next year and I would love that! Also have close friends marrying next year so will def be considering this as a gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

dragonsue wrote: »
    you can give her money and also a small gift, as a close relative or friend, can buy her a necklace that she can wear on her wedding day.

http://www.dmscollection.com/mall/productpage.cfm/DMSCollections/_P10012/191051/Classic%20fresh%20water%20pearl%20necklace

You seem very keen to promote that necklace.... You do so in the majority of your posts. Strange.

Back on topic, buying a wedding present for a cousin is pretty tricky. Money is generally good though 'cause weddings are expensive and all that. A lot of people give money as wedding gifts. However, if you two are close and you want something more personal, try jewellery, ya know, Newbridge Silverware or something a bit special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ocr

A GOOD PRESENT IS GLASS MIRROR WITH BOTH BRIDE AND GROOMS FAMILY CRESTS ENGRAVED ON IT COST ABOUT €200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Drucilla

Thanks very much everyone, the wedding was in July and in the end i gave them some money and a beautiful image of a place near her home as she lives so far from home now. thanks for all your suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

Drucilla wrote: »
    Thanks very much everyone, the wedding was in July and in the end i gave them some money and a beautiful image of a place near her home as she lives so far from home now. thanks for all your suggestions.

That sounds really nice but lol at some of the suggestions though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

ocr wrote: »
    A GOOD PRESENT IS GLASS MIRROR WITH BOTH BRIDE AND GROOMS FAMILY CRESTS ENGRAVED ON IT COST ABOUT €200

No offence but I would hate that! Eek

• Advertisement
Advertisement