Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snap Server

Options
  • 29-05-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

I have a customer who is using a snap server instead of a server. Should i tell them to put in a server or should this preform okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

depends on what they're using it for. if it works for them, then fine.
    Also question probably better over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms....may get a better response here.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    depends on what they're using it for. if it works for them, then fine.

It is taking about six minutes to retrieve account information which is where my problem comes in and i have never come across snap servers. are they usually this slow?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

humm, once it logs in, how long does it take to transfer files to and from it? say test a 100mb file and is the transfer time acceptable. I'm just trying to figure is it a transfer speed problem or other.
    also, what model snap server are they running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

The clients should have some snap software installed for doing archiving/backups are they running these ok?

Open up a browser and connect to the servers home page, using the snap servers IP address. You'll need a admin username and password.

Could be any number of problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Snap Servers are just NAS, I wouldnt be using them for anything but backups and storage, they also fail quite a bit so be careful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

There actually quite handy in a SOHO setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lady.in.red

yea they are too unreliable, tell em to invest in a proper server

Advertisement