Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone/iTouch video question

Options
  • 29-05-2009 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Although for years I've been very anti apple, I have to say that I've recently become very impressed with the iPhone's capabilities. I'm considering getting myself either one of them or an iTouch.

However, I have a reservation on the video side of things...

At home I have a media streamer hooked up to the TV & stereo so all my media can be streamed from where it's deposited to either.

If I get an apple device, I can still use my MP3s without having to convert them, but AFAIK, I still have to convert avi files to mp4 ?

Is there any way around this ?

Also, do I HAVE to use itunes (hate it) ?

TNX

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

iMax wrote: »
    I still have to convert avi files to mp4 ?

Is there any way around this ?

Mp3s are fine, no conversion needed.

But yes, I'm afraid you will have to convert your avi's to mp4.

Not sure on the whole iTunes, I believe there are some alternatives out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

iMax wrote: »

TNX

Depends on what your music library to do? I used alternatives but given that the ipod is designed for use on iTunes on a Mac I didnt last long with other music manager software. i also have iLike attached to my iTunes which I find useful.

Only exception being Senuti which fill the iTunes gaps.

Advertisement