Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for labrador puppy!

Options
  • 29-05-2009 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have decided to get a labrador puppy! While searching online for breeders etc I came across this site! Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of them before or if anyone has had any dealings with them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Sorry but that seems very strange, why would they take puppies off breeders, keep them for 10 days then sell them on?? I dont get it?? If you research a breeder for yourself they will do exactly what these people claim to do, so why the need to take puppies from breeders and then move them on? Very suspect if you ask me.

Please be very careful where and how you buy your puppy. Make sure you do your research before buying and get a breeder recommended to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Try phoning this crowd

Labrador Retriever Club of Ireland
    Mrs. A. Hancock
    48 Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
    (01-6685244)

They will be able to put you into contact with a reputable breeder in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I thought it was unusual alright, thats why I asked. I have been in touch with any breeders I could find, some I was unhappy with. The few breeders I found that I was happy with had sold all their pups and were not planning to breed again for a while!
    Have tried calling the labrador retriever club loads of times, It just rings out every time! I will contact my local vet though and ask if they know of anyone!! Thought that site was a bit strange alright, doesn't give much information about how they operate so I thought maybe I took it up wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

There might not be answer at the moment because there is a big dog show on this weekend, the euro show so they might be just busy at the moment.

You could always pop out to the show this weekend and chat to some people or come out to a show in swords next time its on and talk to people face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

I don't live in Dublin so I wouldn't be able to get to the show, but thanks, I will try the club again on Tuesday! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

Besides the whole taking them from breeders (which is dodgy in itself), look at the breed list on the site - they list labs as 'golden' - afaik there is no such breed name as a golden labrador, the official name is yellow labrador - i could be open to correction but I would avoid it at all costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

When it comes to labs and golden retrievers, can I suggest contacting charities who work with these breeds? Irish Guide Dogs, Irish Dogs for the Disabled etc. The reason is that a lot of these charities rely on breeders donating a pup or two from their litters.

Asking through a charity for contacts for breeders they use is a great way of supporting those generous breeders.

Advertisement