Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doughmore Rip

Options
  • 29-05-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys

I'm in Clare this weekend and i'm thinking of heading to Doughmore for a surf. I've never surfed here but some guys have said it has a pretty bad rip.

I'm just wondering if this is true and also what is it like to surf in general?

Thanks Guys
    Binman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

It's true, two strong rips there last Sunday, one going right and one further out going left. Deceptively strong compared to other rips in lahinch or spanish point etc, only took a few minutes to find myself way way down the beach on Sunday.
    I wouldn't go there at all if you haven't ever experienced a few rips. If anywhere else is decent I'd go there first.
    Having said that as long as there are a few of you out and ye look out for each other, watch the position relative to the beach it can be fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 binny

That's great man thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm just on for an easy enough time tmw so i'll prob just head to spanish point or lahinch and try out Doughmore another time.

Thanks again.

Advertisement