Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation

Options
  • 29-05-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Very (very) last minute, but is absolutely everywhere and anywhere booked out in Kilkenny this weekend?

I have looked and it seems so. Any insiders here got any bright ideas? Please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

You may have a problem as this weekend in Kilkenny is traditionally nuts.
    So, did you try all b&b's/hotels/hostels? Any relatives/friends in town? It's going to be good weather so maybe camp somewhere, legally ;)?

I remember the last Cat Laughs I was going into work that Sat morning at 6am and going over John's Bridge there were a couple tents in that little patch of grass under the bridge at Tynan's side!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Very (very) last minute, but is absolutely everywhere and anywhere booked out in Kilkenny this weekend?

I have looked and it seems so. Any insiders here got any bright ideas? Please :)

What night are you up for or is it the entire weekend?

I'd say most places are prob booked out so best chance is if you know someone from kilkenny but you can try ringing around the different B&B's and hotels most will prob be booked out but they might have a late cancelled or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

check out http://www.kilkennyhousehotel.ie/

or call them on 056 7770711

i was passing there this morning and the owner was putting up his vacancy sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mezzdon

Find anywhere to stay yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Thanks for all the help so far.

Nothing booked yet, followed all the roues suggested (and a few others). I can always drive, but was hoping to avoid that.

It just about beats paying way over the odds though. Camping is not a bad idea seeing as the weather is supposed to be lovely.

Site is just a good long walk out and.... I'm a bit old for camping :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Spare room in my house, 10 mins from town.... €200 for the weekend! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Try Zuni on Patrick Street, know someone who cancelled there at the last minute

Advertisement