Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal on Wikipedia

Options
  • 29-05-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Whatever you think of wikipedia some of the stuff on Donegal is great - the majority of it is crap. The Letterkenny article is fantatic. The amount of info on it. And then there are all the other articles about the stuff around the town. Even the new Ballymacool Park has an article.

What is up with the rest of the Donegal articles. The Bundoran and Donegal Town and Ballybofey etc articles are sh|te. It doesn't say much for the rest of Donegal. Letterkenny must be the place to be!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Cant you just registrar and up-date articles on wikipedia??

If you are knowledgeable about the area you should add an article about your own area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Dumb

Senna wrote: »
    Cant you just registrar and up-date articles on wikipedia??

If you are knowledgeable about the area you should add an article about your own area.

I suppose more people live in Letterkenny anyway. Probably more educated with the I.T

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Dumb wrote: »
    I suppose more people live in Letterkenny anyway. Probably more educated with the I.T
    Eh, so as I'm from Lifford, does that make me less educated than the average Joe Soap from Letterkenny? What about all the people from Donegal (outside Letterkenny) who have attended various universities throughout Ireland and the UK?

From what I've seen the Letterkenny crowd aren't Joe Soaps. They all seem well educated. Never been to Lifford so I couldn't say what the crowd are loike.

Then how can you say Letterkenny people are more educated if you have nothing to back it up? Granted there is the I.T there but I'd hazard a guess that Letterkenny natives would be well outnumbered there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.
    Oh yes, I forgot about the Ivy League. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

From what I've seen the Letterkenny crowd aren't Joe Soaps. They all seem well educated.

So you've never been to Letterkenny then??:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most of the contributions to articles of late to Donegal articles are from militant Gaelgoirs trying to change placenames in to Irish. On the English language Wikipedia....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

MYOB wrote: »
    Most of the contributions to articles of late to Donegal articles are from militant Gaelgoirs trying to change placenames in to Irish. On the English language Wikipedia....
    Fair point

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    Then how can you say Letterkenny people are more educated if you have nothing to back it up? Granted there is the I.T there but I'd hazard a guess that Letterkenny natives would be well outnumbered there.

Well Victor Fisher is a great supporter of the I.T...

...and of course Finn Harps!

Well Victor Fisher is a great supporter of the I.T...

...and of course Finn Harps!
    Is there a point to this?

I think he might be mayor or something.

I think he might be mayor or something.
    And you might be a troll.

Do it somewhere else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

The it is class header!

Advertisement