Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness Benefit Claim Refused?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've just been refused illness benefit as I don't have enough PRSI paid (104 weeks needed) and I've only been working a year and a half since finishing college.

So at the moment I've not had any income for weeks and I won't be able to work for the fore-seeable future. I also can't go about claiming disability allowance as I'm waiting on an operation to hopefully get a diagnosis. My parents are also on the Job Seekers Allowance so they can't afford to keep me going.

I'm just wondering if there are any other options available? I've seen something about the Supplementary Welfare Allowance but I don't know much about it or how to claim it. I really can't go on living on thin air and what little bit my parents have to give me . Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Visit your local citizens information office. They will be able to guide you through any other welfare payments you can apply for.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

go to your local health board and talk to a community welfare officer .they will give you Supplementary Welfare Allowance because you dont qualify for illness benefit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 clown_

if you go to your wellfare officer he will put you on suplementary wellfare which is about €180 and you wont be means tested.
    hope this helps

Advertisement