Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More crazy RTE scheduling, Reaper Season 2

Options
  • 28-05-2009 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Season 2 of what I imagine is a fairly popular show is starting tonight on RTE 2 for those of us who don't have American 'cousins' over on the other thread.

The problem, it's on at bloody 11:25pm ! And at what would be a prime enough time to show it, 9:55, they have 'Real Prison Breaks' :mad: Plus I haven't seen any advertisement for it, not that I'm saying there was none, but I doubt it has been pushed much. Can I expect to this to disappear from the scheduling 4 or 5 episodes into the season ?

I stopped being surprised with RTE long ago but this is ridiculous.

Edit, it gets worse, nexts week episode is at 12:45am !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Give up on RTÉ dude - they f**ked up years ago, scheduling wise. TG4 are the best in Ireland in regards to scheduling. TV3 are actually good scheduling wise for the few good shows they have. RTÉ are the ultimate pits for anything.
    If you've got cable - SKY1 is the best, with E4, Channel 4 and the BBC following closely.
    If you've got Sky Digital or NTL Digital - you're sorted and can ignore RTÉ altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

If you've got cable - SKY1 is the best, with E4, Channel 4 and the BBC following closely.
    If you've got Sky Digital or NTL Digital - you're sorted and can ignore RTÉ altogether.

None of those stations are any good as neither are showing season 2 of Reaper !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

season 1 used to be on really late too

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

SKY1 is the best
    Implying sky 1 has good scheduling
    picture.php?albumid=617&pictureid=3163

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

Give up on RTÉ dude - they f**ked up years ago, scheduling wise. TG4 are the best in Ireland in regards to scheduling. TV3 are actually good scheduling wise for the few good shows they have. RTÉ are the ultimate pits for anything.
    you got the order completely backwards lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭v10

Jip wrote: »
    Season 2 of what I imagine is a fairly popular show
    I see reaper is another that has been binned in the US now after 13 episodes of season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

TG4 are the best in Ireland in regards to scheduling.

Normally, with the notable exception of Cold Case. That tends to kick off later than one would expect, normally around 11.40. (In fact tonight's new ep on TG4 (s6, ep 20 ) started just before 1 a.m. ....)

Rté do take the overall crap scheduling award hands down though. Current series of Ghost Whisperer, Medium, 24, and The Big Bang theory all run on Rté until well after midnight, & in some cases well after 1 a.m., and the Irish première seasons of Eli Stone, The Cleaner and Psych all had new episodes frequently scheduled between 2 and 3 a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

RTE is a disgrace when it comes to scheduling. I was watching 24 on it but just got sick of waiting until the middle of the night so I went online and watched the entire series over the space of a week.

I'll have to abandon the regular tele altogether, all I have is the regular 4 channels and there's absolutely nothing worth watching on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Rte have been doing this with years, they obviously pay money for these shows & then put them on at a time when the majority of people watch them. Some great shows have been shown for the 1st series then put onto the insomniac hours from then on. Isn't 24 one of the biggest shows in the US & Rte didn't even advertise the new series. And Rte wonder why they are losing money, we pay our licence but get no say in what is shown. I gave up on them years ago & get everything from my good friend Hugh Torrent. Also on a completely unrelated thing about rte, on page 180 of aertel when it shows whats on now & next is it really necessary to put all the names they put before a film on the page as they usually run out of space for what's on next & defeats the purpose of the page, example, the Big Big Movie or Screen two. Does anyone even care or know why they brand films this way? Why can't it just say film in red & the name of the movie beside it? End of rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

TV3 actually have a much better teletext service. Much faster and the channels are in the right order for Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement