Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Phone stopped working with O2

Options
  • 28-05-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I've a Nokia N95, and I've had it for way over a year. Yesterday it just stopped working, pops up with "Sim Registration Failed" - I'm on 02. But the phone works perfectly when I put a Vodafone or Meteor SIM in it.

O2 tell me it's because my phone is not compatible, but it was working fine with O2 for over 6 months, why would it just stop ?

O2 want me to buy a new phone, and if I don't I'm stuck in a contract with them with no phone to use!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It doesn't sound like you're giving us the full detail here, or else you've got some very bad advice from O2.
    • Do you live near an O2 shop or an O2 dealer shop? Go in and ask for a replacement SIM and try that in your phone.
    • Does your O2 SIM work in any other phones?
    • Have you confirmed the SIM number (written on the SIM) is the one linked to your account (check with O2 Care on 1909)?
    • Have you confirmed there is no issues with your account?
    • Have you had the SIM in / out at all prior to it ceasing to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

has the phone been "blocked" by o2? although it sounds more like a sim card problem! have you tried that sim card in a different phone? get in touch with the staff on the o2 forums they may be able to help.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

How old is your sim card? Same thing happened with mine and it was just that the sim card was fried. Sounds like whoever you spoke to in O2 was talking out of their arse.

When it happened to me I went down to the O2 store and they gave me a different sim with the same number and all was fine. The only thing is though, I had all my contacts stored on my sim and they were all lost, because the old sim stopped working altogether and we couldn't get any of the contacts from it.

The best way of checking if your sim card is working is to stick it in another O2 phone (borrow one off a friend or family member). Pop your card in the phone and if the same error message is coming up, it means your sim is knackered.

edit: have you updated the software on your N95 recently? I was having a few problems with mine a couple of weeks ago and a software update put it right.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Bend the sim holder slightly so that its pressing down tighter.

I have an N95 and a new meteor sim wouldn't work earlier this week (had just ported over from o2) and whilst 3, VF and O2 sims all worked the new mteor was just out of tolerance.

So a quick slight bend of the cover and all was well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mini1275gt

your phone has a 2 year warranty , find a Nokia care centre close to you or you o2 retail store can send it for repair foc if you are a o2 customer .However it sounds like a faulty sim card to me . Make sure you go to a o2 store rather than a dealer . As the o2 store must ensure that the issue is resloved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement