Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

telescope gps.

Options
  • 28-05-2009 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

will a celestron skyscouts gps do the same as the gps for telescopes. which should i buy. think there both the same price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 murphyme

I don't think a skyscout can act as a GPS for the scope mount - it can be used to control some mounts. I don't have one so I can't say for sure. The astronomy shop in Dublin might be able to help you - give them a call.

If the skyscout will display your location and your mount allows you to manually key it in then get the skyscout and you'll have the benefit of both.

Michael.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi Woodside

I wouldnt get hung up on getting GPS for your scope.

I believe that unless you are constantly observing from diffferent locations aoubd the country (at least 70 miles north or south) then the difference in the gotos you get are minimal.

My scope allows me to have the coordinates of six locations preset into it and this is all that I have ever required.

Hope this helps.

DB

Advertisement