Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oile Haskett,lettings agent,what they like to deal with??..

Options
  • 28-05-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

hey
    Helping some friends look for a place in the city centre,possible i may move myself if i get part time work.Anyway found some nice places/prices on daft.ie with this agent but like the adverts have the same mobile number but with 4 different names?...and no landline/website.Found 2 places perfect but some people have told me stay well away.anyone with past dealings with this company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

we rented from him. never again! greedy *******. he is very keen to get his money in time. the contract stated that he will charge 10€ for every day the rent is late. he never fixed the things we listed when we were taking over the house from and with him. we had trouble to get the deposit back after the lease was up and had to involve threshold and threatened him with the small claims court.

he made up such rules like "no bicycles in the house and in the back yard if you have to bring them through the house".

so my advise: do not rent from him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Do not ever rent a place from Ollie Hassett. Lived in one of his places in college court. The guy is the worst.

we rented from him. never again! greedy *******. he is very keen to get his money in time. the contract stated that he will charge 10€ for every day the rent is late.

so my advise: do not rent from him!

I heard a story from one of the girls that lived in the house before we moved in. Some guy was a day late moving out of the house due to been at his uncles funeral. The bastard ended up charging the guy 15 quid or so

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

Any estate / letting agents that ye would reccomend in the Limerick area so?

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The only letting agency I have any experience with is limerick residental lettings. Have had no problems with them. Any things I needed sorted in the flat were sorted within 1-2 days.

Was late with the rent a couple of times when I first started renting with them. They didn't hit me with any late penalty, but at the same time I was only late by 3-4 days.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

koth wrote: »
    The only letting agency I have any experience with is limerick residental lettings. Have had no problems with them. Any things I needed sorted in the flat were sorted within 1-2 days.

Was late with the rent a couple of times when I first started renting with them. They didn't hit me with any late penalty, but at the same time I was only late by 3-4 days.

Thumbs up for Limerick Residential Letting John the manager is a gent and easy and trustworthy to deal with rarities in a letting agent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

when I was looking for a place last year I met with "Ollie" Haskett. It was a woman and she said her name was Olivia.

I saw the dingiest basement apartment in Catherine Street. Also, all the ads on Daft were for property they had let months before and were no longer available!

lfc1892 wrote: »
    when I was looking for a place last year I met with "Ollie" Haskett. It was a woman and she said her name was Olivia.

I saw the dingiest basement apartment in Catherine Street. Also, all the ads on Daft were for property they had let months before and were no longer available!

Thats his daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rushian

I am renting from them at the moment in Raheen. Had no problems so far anyway and been there 3 months. after 3 days the kettle broke and I called them. They delivered a new 1 the next day.

When we moved in they said they would get us a coffee table as there was none. That arrived after a week.

We'll see what happens when it comes to getting the deposit back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kokokiely

I checked boards before I had any dealings with them and now it seems the nightmare to get back the deposit has begun ie no straigh answers..... I heard the Hasketts (Olivia the daughter, Oliver the dad, and Alex Olivia's husband) are applying for a letting agents licence in City Hall this Jan, I think I may go and make a formal complaint....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Dealt with them before and had no problems whatsoever. Then again I always paid my rent on time and kept the place clean :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

anyone ever deal with Kersten Mehl Property Management? what are they like??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Luimneachbhoy

he has an application currently b4 Limerick Dist Court for a Licence to operate .I believe there will be objections because of the way he has treated people over the years . Personally i met him once and he seemed a perfect Gent but i wasnt renting property from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

MickTipp wrote: »

I'm renting from them at the moment...no problems. The only time we needed to contact them was to fit a shower door and they sent someone up within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Kersten himself comes across as a grumpy fecker, but he is good to deal with and gets stuff done.
    I would recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SpaniardGolf

Hi,

I am currently renting from ollie haskett. I have never had so much trouble with a letting agent in my life. The contract is ridulous. (i know, my fault for signing:rolleyes:)

It is impossible to get straight answer from him about anything. He speaks in riddles. He has entered house without letting us know too which i find to dislike very much:mad::mad:.

Hijo de puta

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bambocha217

YFlyer wrote: »
    Do not ever rent a place from Ollie Hassett. Lived in one of his places in college court. The guy is the worst.

Trust me don't rent from this guy or anyone else from his family! We had HUGE problems with him all year and are still trying to get our deposits back now over a month after moving out. (2500e for 5 guys!!). We rented his property by thomond park/mayorstone so anyone considerin it don't!!

At one point in the year he tried to evict us with ONE days notice unless we all signed a "bond" of another 2500e to show our "commitment to the property!". He did this pretending to be an agent for the house while in truth he was the owner! We had to get the Gardaí involved and they told him stop harassing us and ever since he has been avoiding us! (chrismas 09-june 10).

If it continues much longer we'll have to get the gardai involved again. And I'm considering taking him to court for the way he treated us!

Theirs much more. I could go on and on..

By far the worst experience of my life!
    http://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/icons/icon9.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

He caught a foreign friend of mine for 2 places the first he overcharged by at least 250 euro a month for a dive on william street, after the year was up he got her a different place in steamboat quay for 1000 a month when the same size ones were going for 650/700 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bertisevil

he took over the management of an apt i was living in before and jacked up the rent by €200 straight away and then told me he was changing the gail period to the first of the month so he tried to charge me a full months rent for 2 weeks and wouldn't let up until the previous owner explained to him what date i was paying rent..so i had a bad experience with him but others might not

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭latchiko

We were lucky in that we managed to avoid any trouble with him. However, I wouldn't recommend letting with him if there are any other options available. He's a sneaky guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I rent from them - they're professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

what are Castle Estates like to deal with??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blond30

Ive just signed a year contract with ollie but bit weary about him he hasnt given me an inventory did ye get one also what were hes reasons for not getting back deposits..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

InBeforeTheLock.gif?1272322557

Wouldn't you think that shagging the 'other Daughter' was a rock solid deposit return guarantee !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Guys best thing to do is take a video of the flat when signing the contract with the landlord/letting agent so there can be no arguments then when it comes to receiving your deposit back. Good to take photos of the inside of ovens also because thats a common excuse!

A video would not pick up the minute amount of dirt that Ollie would find in a toilet bowl. I should have stuck his head in when he was down there looking.

Hi Gneez, how come you rented from him twice?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

YFlyer wrote: »
    A video would not pick up the minute amount of dirt that Ollie would find in a toilet bowl. I should have stuck his head in when he was down there looking.

Hi Gneez, how come you rented from him twice?

they were 5 years apart, and the second time I needed a place quick because I had started a new job, and a friend of mine told me that he had a room free and that ollie was the landlord and he had chilled out in the mean time and that he had too many properties to look after these days and wouldnt be bothering us, but of course he was as crazy as ever.

I also worked as security in an apartmen building where he ran 15 / 20 flats and his tennants would tell me he was the same with them, I dont know how the guy found the time to literally harass like 50 houses across limerick per night he's like some kind of super-villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ollie Haskett - Some kind of Super-Villain!!!

Gneez this Forum needs you, stick around !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 veesix

had dealings with them once before. the place they showed us wasn't suitable but the foreign guy who showed us around was professional and courteous. would have no problem giving him a call next time round.
    Tony from Kerstin Mehl is a good skin to deal with and they are a professional outfit overall

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seeing as Irishvamp asked her question a year an a half ago, I reckon it's safe to say this thread has run its course. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement