Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy Toilet Training...

Options
  • 28-05-2009 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,
    We are currently deciding on the idea of introducing a puppy into our family. There are only three of us me, Hubby and our nine year old son. I am looking at a mini jack russell. I work part time till 2pm every day and will be at home from 2.45pm every day with weekends off. I am wondering firstly if it's okay for a puppy to be home on it's own for that amount of time everyday. The downstairs of our house is fully tiled so I don't mind accidents and can let the puppy have full run of the area while I would erect a stairgate so he couldn't gain access upstairs. Our back garden is fully enclosed but is it fair to let a puppy out the back all the time I am at work? Obvisiously I would provide an adaquate kennel etc for him. Basically should I leave the puppy in or out and If left him in how would I toilet train him so that he didn't think the house was his toilet..

Thanks All
    kitzer

Advertisement