Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigs Executed with SLEDGEHAMMERS

Options
  • 28-05-2009 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭

:( OMG did anyone see the paper today about this in cavan. Unwilling to pay for a vet. so sad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭b12mearse

User infracted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Good name for a band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

b12mearse wrote: »
    OMG lol

Grow up.

Yeah, saw it OP. And was going to post in the thread in AH where someone said that cruelty in abbatoirs didn't happen in Ireland and so being vegetarian made no sense.

This story is sick. I hope to **** there will be prosecutions. I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

:( I saw the stupid headline "Silence of the Hams" from a distance and thought I would not look at the paper cos i knew that it would be something terrible, but took a deep breath and had a read - My God what are some people like? Too scabby to pay for a vet so they beat the poor creatures to death with a sledgehammer? Disgusting those people are less than animals themselves. The place should be shut down. Pigs are intelligent and sensitive animals. Am still upset about it but don't know if there is anything that ordinary people can do to stop such cruelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭spiderdog

thats unbelievable :(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I saw the headline & avoided it straight away.
    The scum that did it will eventually get caught out by karma.
    Sick fcuks, I'm sorry but the story made my stomach turn.
    I can't understand it. I really can't, I wish I had words to describe it but I don't & that upsets me.
    I wish I could say something, anything to make it better, but I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

Easyeason I wish that were true that they would be caught out by karma but I fear that that is not true. And is certainly not true to the point of taking effect from the point of view of the animals in their "care" now. I have had contact with pigs bred for meat production and contact with pot-pellied bigs kept as sort of pets and was stunned as to how clever and intelligent and affectionate they all are, easily up there with dogs if not more so. I just don't know what we can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

That has just absolutely disgusted me. I read a book last year that had something to do with the way livestock was being cruelly slaughtered in the US. And that absolutely turned my stomach. But this is on a whole new level of cruelty.

Did the paper say anything about the place in Cavan being investigated or anything? Surely even with our outdated animal protection act that was cruel in any standard and the people responsible should be prosecuted.

With people thinking they can get away with doing these terrible acts now more than ever we need to act to get our policy on animal cruelty and welfare updated to tell these people in no uncertain terms this is unethical and unacceptable behavior and will not be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Maggie.23

Can they go to jail for this? I hope so.
    Was the headline really 'Silence of the Hams'? That sounds a little flippant, or something, for such serious content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Seen it in the papers yesterday alright. Some bastids out there alright. Would love to catch the person that done that.
    Hopefully they get sent to prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Can't seem to find that story online but i did find this:eek:
    www.indymedia.ie/article/70395

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭animalcrazy

That is so sad, ALOT worse happens in pig farms everyday though, you just don't hear about it. Piglets are neteured with no pain meds or anathesic and the pigs are kicked around the place, it's so cruel. I saw a video about it before and my God I wish I hadn't watched it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sos33

seen a video on a mobile phone a while back of a poor pig being slaughtered alive by to f***ing mindless p***ks with a chainsaw,it was in factory aswell ,not good viewing at all:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Unwilling to pay for a vet ?, were they unwilling to pay for a knife aswell ?.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

sos33 wrote: »
    seen a video on a mobile phone a while back of a poor pig being slaughtered alive by to f***ing mindless p***ks with a chainsaw,it was in factory aswell ,not good viewing at all:mad:

Thats so disgusting.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Apparently they are being done for cruelty. There are laws in place on slaughter. Years ago they used to slit their throats, which was awful. But bashing them a few times with a sledge, just sick and cruel. Whereas before you could fatten a pig and kill it yourself, your not allowed anymore, it has to go to slaughter to be done humanely.

I worked on a farm and never once saw one act of cruelty or bad practice of animal husbandry, because they actually cared about the animals.

Advertisement