Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P60 for JSB

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Can't get hold of my P60, have everything else I need to claim, but they're not budging. Old employer I know for a fact isn't going to send it out and tax office saying it's going to be a few weeks.

What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Sorry, just to clarify: who's not budging? Your former employers? The social?

If the social won't process your claim until they get the P60 and the tax office are saying it'll be a few weeks until they can sort you out, ask the tax office for a letter stating that in writing. Take it to the social and see will they start sorting out your claim. If not, take it to your local community welfare officer, explain the situation, and hopefully they'll give you supplementary welfare allowance until your claim can be processed and is approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭J_Dublin15

I thought I had a copy here but I can't find it, so I went with every other bit of an application form, a P45, multiple forms of ID and everything sorted out, they refused to do anything without a P60.

The P60 is something that you should be careful with - there is only ever one copy.

You'll have to wait for the revenue to sort you out I'm afraid.

Seeing as I was made unemployed in November 2008 I guess I would need my 2008 P60. Social keep going on about a 2009 but how would I have this when I was not working this year?

I've sent another email to my employer but it took them 6 weeks to send a P45 out.

Looking back at things it seems they gave me the original which has since been misplaced. Seeing as they do not have another copy what can I do with regards to this? I can't get benefits without P60, but I can't get a copy of it.

Would a P21 suffice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Xiney wrote: »
    The P60 is something that you should be careful with - there is only ever one copy.

You'll have to wait for the revenue to sort you out I'm afraid.

Off topic: what forms if any, of the P variety, can the welfare demand from a JSA applicant, whose previous claim for JSB has expired, and who has surrendered their P45 at some earlier date to either the Dole or the Tax people??

J_Dublin15, you could offer them the solution of the P21. I don't know if it would do the trick, because I don't know what information they need.

In any case, the Revenue have the information that would have been on your P60 in your employer's return. So they will sort you out, but like you know already, it may take a few weeks.

Until then, you can apply for supplementary welfare allowance from the community welfare officer.

IT Loser wrote: »
    Off topic: what forms if any, of the P variety, can the welfare demand from a JSA applicant, whose previous claim for JSB has expired, and who has surrendered their P45 at some earlier date to either the Dole or the Tax people??

If you've already given them the benefits section of your P45, and you tell them that, it's sorted.

Same as if you've already given them the benefits section of your P60.

Ok - thanks. Do I need a p60 for every year or just the latest one? My p45 covers the whole of last year.

I spoke to the tax office this morning. they claim that the employer should hold onto the p35 that they use to create the p60 with for 7 years, so they should be able to create another one as they will have the information. Otherwise they should send me a letterheaded breakdown of exactly what information the p60 would contain and present this.

Now going to phone the social and see if they will accept this.

Ok - So I spoke to the Social on the phone, and they told me that they do not need my P60 now. They just need my P45 who have all the records they need already on the computer and the P45 is all that is ever needed, I told them that their website claims I need the p60 but they claim not.

So I'm going to go down there tommorow once more, and try and get somewhere. Or would I be wasting my time and they've given me incorrect information? I've worked out I've paid 48 contributions in 2008, 52 in 2007, 46 in 2006 and 5 in 2005. So I surely should get JSB?

• Advertisement

It sounds like you should be getting JSB.

I don't think it's a waste of time for you to head down there. Good luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Xiney wrote: »
    If you've already given them the benefits section of your P45, and you tell them that, it's sorted.

Same as if you've already given them the benefits section of your P60.

I certainly handed them in some parts of my last p45.

I then handed in the remain parts to the Tax people, so I got a rebate.

As for a P60, I know nothing of this, and the girl at the desk never asked.

How do I get a P60? Can I get a P60? Thanks.

Advertisement