Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Casting and Plot Info

Options
  • 27-05-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭

I think this is great casting, and I like the story they have planned.

Spoilered in case you don't want to know anything....
    John Lithgow Joins Dexter Season Four

Academy Award-nominated and Emmy, Tony and Golden Globe award-winner John Lithgow will take on one of his most intense and intriguing roles to date portraying Miami's latest serial killer in Showtime's top-rated drama series "Dexter." Lithgow will be featured in all 12 episodes of season four which are scheduled to premiere Sunday, September 27th on Showtime.

Lithgow will play Walter Simmons, an unassuming, mild-mannered suburbanite who has been living a dual life as one of America's most prolific and deadliest serial killers. Dubbed the "Trinity Killer" because of his proclivity to kill in three's, he relocates to Miami after being tracked by F.B.I. Special Agent Frank Lundy (Keith Carradine). Brought on to assist in the investigation of Miami's latest serial killer, Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) becomes fascinated with "Trinity's" unique killing methods and his ability to evade capture for almost three decades.

"Dexter" stars Michael C. Hall as a complicated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami police department who moonlights as a serial killer. The show also stars Julie Benz, Jennifer Carpenter, C.S. Lee, Lauren Vélez, David Zayas, and James Remar.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oooo. Things just got interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Sounds good, just hope they have a better ending than the last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Interesting, looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just read about this..
    John Lithgow is a fecking amazing actor... both comedic and dramatic.

Fantastic casting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

And he plays a good nutter in pretty much any type of part he's cast in! Definitely looking forward to season 4 even more now :).
    Oh and I didn't know Lundy was to return - nice throwback to season 2 there....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Niiiiiiice. And
    Lundy is back, that's also good. I liked him in season 2 when he was hunting Dexter.

I only came int here to find out when it was going to be back. September :( s'pose I'll just have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Anyone see raising cain? enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Courtney Ford has reportedly joined the cast of Dexter.
    The actress is joining the serial killer series for a multi-episode arc as a reporter, says The Hollywood Reporter.

No idea who she is

JP Liz wrote: »
    No idea who she is
    No clue either!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheWealth

She appears to have been in a number of things...South Park included...just hope she doesn't turn into a cheap Marla Synger rip off like they had in season 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

oooo nice. I'm looking forward to this......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Only 12 episodes in S04? After the critical acclaim of the first 3 seasons- and the vast treasure trove of writing material- surely they could expand this? Roll on September!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

smccarrick wrote: »
    Only 12 episodes in S04? After the critical acclaim of the first 3 seasons- and the vast treasure trove of writing material- surely they could expand this? Roll on September!

12? That's crap. But at least it means the plot will probably drive right the way through and there'll be less filler.

There was only 12 episodes in the first 3 seasons.. why change now? It's also a Showtime series - Showtime tend not to give a season of a show more than 10 - 12 episodes.

Consider yourself lucky with 12 - 'Brotherhood' (another acclaimed Showtime series) got 11 episodes for it's first series, 10 for it's second series and 8 for it's third.

I prefer a 12 episode season to be honest. Less chance of serious filler!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

dexter.jpg

Gah.. don't like that promo poster at all!

Nice little nod to the a previous promo poster but something's not quite right.

dexter-season-two-promo-picture.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

So we now know that Lundy is back in Miami chasing a serial killer for season four.

How about this:

Lundy wasn't happy with how the Bay Harbour Butcher (BHB) case ended. I think there was still a shadow of doubt in his mind about Doakes's guilt. LaGuerta's evidence that Doakes was in fact out of the country when some of the BHB murders took place still has the potential to exonerate him (maybe).

In the meantime Lundy is tracking the Trinity Killer - and presumably, so is Dexter. If Lundy suspects the BHB is still out there, he might expect the Butcher to become interested in the Trinity Killer and hope to find the former via the latter. In addition, the Trinity Killer can be expected to be more experienced (and possibly smarter than) Dexter, because of his age and the fact that he hasn't been caught. So there should be a battle of wits there...

And let's not forget that Deb will likely find out that Dexter is Brian Moser's brother, or come very close to making that discovery. Season 5 could boil down to her confronting Dex.

In any case, how will the whole series end? Season 5 will probably be the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Any idea when season 4 will be aired in Ireland/UK ?

Baldie wrote: »
    Any idea when season 4 will be aired in Ireland/UK ?
    Whenever FX started airing season 3.. I'd imagine about a year from then.

Advertisement