Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pub on Ennis Road -the Ardhu ?

Options
  • 27-05-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

I just dropped into the new pub on Ennis Road earlier.
    Thought it was going to be called Sextons (Willie Sextons?) but the one sign I saw says Ardhu Bar. Looks impressive so far.
    There are 2 seperate bars with a massive courtyard in between, covered over nicely like the courtyard in the Stables in UL has. Heaters an all innit'.
    It doesn't look like they do pub grub at the moment .. but eatins cheatin anyway.
    Big TVs in the bars and in the courtyard.
    They will be able to take a massive crowd for matches in Gaelic Grounds or Thomond Park.
    Good for this side of town.

Dont think its open long, anyone been in there at night time yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Where abouts is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

just outside the clarion suites, its where toddys bar used to be in the old ryan hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's a nice spot, but jaysus you could get lost trying to get to the (fairly plush) toilets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Nice spot I hear they gonna put some function rooms in too.
    Should the old Davin Arms crowd and obv match days will be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Somebody had to capitalise on match days after the Davin Closed. Not everybody could fit in the hotel next door.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Not everybody could fit in the hotel next door.
    Said hotel won't be long closing down! AFAIK it's due to become a larger car park for this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

ninty9er wrote: »
    Said hotel won't be long closing down! AFAIK it's due to become a larger car park for this place.

The woodfield. I didnt think it was closing down anyway but it WAS the only place for a pint after a match.

Its about time the Clarion did something with the Adrhu site. The Clarion suite(new) section was OK but the restaurant cum bar cum reception cum internet cafe cum smoking area was in dire need of dragging into the 21st century.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Woodfield have a decent pint of Guinness, shame it will be closing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Woodfield have a decent pint of Guinness, shame it will be closing

Not that bothered thats its closing down, place is pretty dirty, and the regulars are a bunch of prícks!

Berty wrote: »
    Its about time the Clarion did something with the Adrhu site. The Clarion suite(new) section was OK but the restaurant cum bar cum reception cum internet cafe cum smoking area was in dire need of dragging into the 21st century.

Why would the Clarion have anything to do with it? Willie Sexton owns the Ardhu.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Reports are good on this new bar so far....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

I popped in on Thursday evening and I was impressed. I can see the small 'Munster Bar' within it becoming my local.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Reports of two well known players in the property game coming to blows there a few nights ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

i can guess who as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This place sounds decent and will be a great spot for matches. Do Limerick have a big home game in this years championship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

come on give us the gossip who was fighting there??pm me henry ford:)

come on give us the gossip who was fighting there??pm me henry ford:)

I'd better not.

p.s. Click :D

Advertisement