Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitabe vivarium for bearded dragons.

Options
  • 27-05-2009 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all, Im looking to get a baby bearded dragon but want to research before I get it. I used to have a corn snake and kept it in a vivarium that is 2 foot in length,one foot deep and about a foot and a half high. Would this be big enough for the baby? Also on the inside of the tank it has a place where you can screw in a bulb. Is this where I should put the bulb for basking? Or is it dangerous as the beardie could get burnt? Any help at all is appriciated,cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

it might do for a baby for a little while!but you would have to upgrade to a 4 foot as it grows!yeah you could put a basking bulb in there if thats what its for?they do need one, and they also need a 10% uvb fluorecsent bulb both should be on for about 12-14 hrs a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ian 123

thats great thanks for the help man!

no problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ian 123

Oh also,do I need to use a heat pad underneat the tank? or is there enough heat coming from the bulbs? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

You may not need it this time of year, just keep an eye on your temps.My heat mat has been off for weeks now.

• Advertisement

well that depends on the temp of the room the viv is kept in?some people say they be fine without one others dont?once the temp dosnt drop below maybe 20-25 celcius it will be fine!just leave the viv running for a few days before you get your beardie to make sure temps are ok

Advertisement