Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing a water filter for an American style fridge??

Options
  • 27-05-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi, im looking to change the water filter for my Samsung American style fridge (ice and water despencer) and I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do it?? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't know about a Samsung, but on my Whirlpool it's mounted at the very bottom - in the kick panel below the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

First, find where the filter is. (obvious enough) It is a white tube about 6" long with a length of pipe on either end and shoud be attached to the wall behind your fridge.

Find the valve to turn off the water supply leading to the filter. Go to the front of your fridge and draw off water from the dispenser to release the water pressure.

There should be a plastic nut on either end of the filter. Undo these and disconnect from the pipes. Most new filters will come with replacement nuts and inserts for the end of the pipes. Replace these and reattach new filter checking the direction flow of the filter (it will tell you on the side of the filter) Tighten the nuts on either end and turn back on the water supply (check for leaks) After about ten minutes and there are no leaks push you fridge back into position and draw off about 3litres of water, or until it runs clear (there may be charcol powder in the water at first)

To re-set the filter indicater light, hold the "ice type" and "child lock" buttons for 4 seconds you will hear a beep and the filter light will return to green.
    The filter light on these fridges is on a timer and will start to change colour again (first orange and then red) in 6 months time.

Below is a link to where I buy my filters, usually they arrive within 2 days of purchase. Much cheaper than buying them here..
    http://www.uk-water-filters.co.uk/

Advertisement