Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver not installing correctly

Options
  • 27-05-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I use, windows xp sp 2 on brand new laptop.

I'm having a problem when installing Dreamweaver. The program installs ok but when I go to start the program, nothing happens. The application doesn't run but the program shows up in the processes of the Task Manager.

I've tried reinstalling, removing and then reinstalling. My last option is to go back to the recovery point when I first started the laptop.

The only thing I can think of is that the first time I installed the programs, I didn't restart immediately. Instead the laptop would have been restarted the following day. Would that have messed up the install and subsequently left some sort of registry key which is messing up these other installs?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Perhaps uninstall it again and then use something like CCleaner (It has a very nice Registry cleaner IMO) to tidy up the registry before attempting to reinstall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sgt_jim

Thanks Marco I'll give that a go

Advertisement