Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus conversion to motor home "Advice Please"

Options
  • 27-05-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello there, new to this fourm and the world of RV in general so i am looking for any advice at all that will help.

Basicly I used to work in road trasport and until a few years ago we operated a private hire bus service. Thing is I sold all the buses we had except for one which I keep because I wanted to convert it into a camper at some stage. I have decided to start this in the next few weeks but first I wanted to get some advice from the people in the know.

The bus is a 1992 Optrare, Originaly a shuttle transport bus for Heatrow Airport with seating for 30 passengers. We owned it for several years and have to say it was certainly the most reliable bus we had, never having broken down or any serious mecanical problems.

So, before I start stripping and fitting, and generaly getting ahead of myself, where do I start and what should I be looking at in terms of appliances, electrics and plumming?. Also, what kind of building materials should I be using and where can I get them.

All advice is welcome:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

You should have a look in the Self Builders Corner Thread" in the sticky's. There is a lot of good info there.

Advertisement