Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord/Tenant

Options
  • 27-05-2009 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I moved in on a short term lease and it is coming to an end in the next few days. I have a meeting with the landlord tonight to show him the apartment and hopefully receive all my deposit back.

This has been my first tenancy so i'm looking for advice on three things.

1. Theres some marks on the walls. Does it count as wear and tear?

2. The chairs were the cheapest/flimsiest plastic IKEA chairs and are falling apart and not fit for the next tenant. Does that come out of the deposit.

3. If he does take anything out of the deposit am i entitled to a receipt for exact costs?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 chabby

1. Theres some marks on the walls. Does it count as wear and tear? YES, as its not physical damage such a holes. Can you clean the marks off???

2. The chairs were the cheapest/flimsiest plastic IKEA chairs and are falling apart and not fit for the next tenant. Does that come out of the deposit. POSSIBLY, what was the condition of these when you moved in and did you mention this to him?? if they are cheap to replace, it not much from your deposit anyway

3. If he does take anything out of the deposit am i entitled to a receipt for exact costs? YES, original receipts as its your money after all

Advertisement