Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Time. And its time to play. The Gathering 5 at G-TAC.

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

With the onset of Summer and with the evenings getting longer and the weekends getting warmer, why not join us for the Gathering 5 Airsoft meet on the 27th and 28th of June. The second Gathering of 2009 at the site that recently held 157 players. As proven 3 times last year, The Gathering at G-TAC is the in place to be for the new airsofter as well the seasoned player alike.smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

To help you to pay your entry fee early, you can forward payment to us by PayPal, Postal Order or by paying it directly at Eirsoft Galway or G-TAC. You can PM us for address for postal orders and user ID for PayPAl.

Hooooyeah let the good times roll.cool.gifeek.gifconfused.gifredface.gifsmile.gifrolleyes.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifpacman.gif

PAYMENT
    We would prefer to receive prepayment. As before to facilitate this we will set up payment by Pay Pal or by sending us a postal order. PM us for postal and email address. You may may also pay us directly on site.

Please note that payments through PayPal will be subject to their charges.

To encourage people to prepay, there will be a discount for those who book and prepay for the two days together. Taking into account that this time around, the game play will be from 10:30 onwards on Saturday and 10:30-17:00 on the Sunday the pricing will be as follows.

Prepay: Saturday and Sunday €45
    Pay on the Day: Saturday and Sunday €50
    Day Only Rates: Saturday €30 and Sunday €25

There will be limited amount of rentals available, so please PM us for further details.

To help you arrive, register and set up your equipment and tents, you can arrive on Friday anytime from 2pm on wards. There will be no organized games on Friday but once ye have registered and yer guns have been through the chrono, ye can check the site out and carry out reconnaissance for Saturday and Sunday.

We will accept prepayment right up until Friday at 3pm. Anybody who has booked and not paid by this time, will be dropped off the register, they will not be guaranteed a place and if they arrive on the day they will have to pay full price as stated above.

SAFETY
    1. There is to be no alcoholic drinks and or drugs consumed prior to or during the games. Anyone caught doing so will be dismissed from the site without refund.
    2. All Eye protection will be of the fully enclosed type. IE They totally encompass the eye with no gaps for BB's to fit through. Anyone found wearing non regulation eye-wear during or before a game will not be allowed to play until they obtain regulation eye-wear. You have plenty of time to sort this out so do not come down with bog standard safety glasses. Additionally, it is recomended that you should wear full face masks in the CQB Area.
    3. There will be no firring of guns, dry firring or otherwise, in the safe area, car parks or camping area. Although the safe area will be marked, if you are not sure just ask.
    4. All guns willl be chronographed before the start of games, but part of G-TAC's Terms and Conditions are that the player acknowledges responsibility to ensure that their equipment is with in spec. Random checks of guns will be done during and after games. Anyone not sure that their AEG is firring with in spec can have it checked. Anybody found using an out of spec AEG will be dismissed from the site without refund.
    5. Due to the high amount of participants expected, it may be necessary to have 2 or 3 games going at once, but every attempt will be made to keep periods of non play to a minimum.
    6. Please read the G-TAC Terms and Conditions and print out, read and sign the G-TAC Waiver of Liability form prior to arrival at the site. All players must sign the Waiver prior to to been allowed to play.
    7. The age for playing at G-TAC is
    12-14 Only accompanied by a playing parent or guardian
    15-17 Only with Parental Consent and accompanied by a verifiable telephone number.

CAMPING
    An area of land has been set aside for camping. There will be running water and toilet facilities.

RUBBISH
    Please remove your own rubbish from the site. To help you, recycling bins will be available. Please do not dispose of pressurized containers (gas) in the general waste bins.

FOOD
    Food will be available for purchase at the site as usual.
    This time around, we will also be selling soft drinks, energy bars tayto and stuff.

GAMES
    Games will be finalized and announced closer to the date. Please note that gamers will be called to order once and once only. The start of the game will not be held for anyone to show up. Games will be started and finished on two whistle blows. If you hear one whistle blow, a Marshal is trying to get someones attention, so stop and make sure it is not you. The Gathering's were always to be about Airsofters coming together, meeting each other and having fun.

* Rentals are limited, please check with Martin before adding one to your booking. Thank you.

Would you like to see a different date for G5 or leave it as it is? 8 votes

Change to the weekend of the 20th 21st June
    0% 0 votes
    Change to the weekend of the 4th 5th July
    25% 2 votes
    Hell no leave it as it is.
    75% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pablorally

Polish team will be there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I keep missing these :-( I'll be at Berget for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Will be in Berget too, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

think its a no go, AC/DC on :rolleyes:, will be there all this weekend though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Just got a shift change, so will be rounding up some of the lost souls for this! Havent cleaned out the tent from the last time:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

I live in Dublin and was wondering how long do you stay there for what is the cost to go to G-Tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

mle1324 wrote: »
    I live in Dublin and was wondering how long do you stay there for what is the cost to go to G-Tac

All information is in the first post. It all depends on if you want to play for one day or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

a few from The A-Team will be there:D
    this is gonna be great:cool:

Hi All,
    And thanks to all that have showen interest so far in coming to The Gathering 5.

We contacted AC/DC but unfortunatly they were not willing to move the date for their concert. We even suggested that they come and play at G-TAC but they were not having any of it.:D (Only kidding by the way) So taking into account the large ammount of requests we have recived for this, we will let you guy's decide weather or not to move the date for G5.

So let your fingers do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

any date suits me:)
    just wanna play:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

i'm going to ac/dc so will attend both days of the gathering if it is on the weekend before or weekend after the concert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sarpedeon92

Have the dates been changed yet?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Killinator

I could hopefully make it, if it was the week or two later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

hopefully will get going to this,

is there any plans to put log buildings/bunkers etc into the woods? they would be nice additons/ new objectives for the gathering and would encourage more people to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Please, for the sake of the childers, leave it as it is. It is the only one, so far, that I can actually go to. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sinbad269

Yep, go with the later date. I'm not getting paid till the 15th, and will be getting some equipment online, and probably won't get here till a 1st-2nd July [might get here before the original, but I won't hold my breath :P].

Either way, I can't wait :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 the_punisher

i'd like it to be on the weekend before the AC/DC gig

OK Then. By a slim majority, The Gathering 5 will be moved to the weekend of the 4th and 5th July which is the week end after AC/DC and Berget.

Can we also remind all intending campers that anyone up to the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

Best regards,
    Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sinbad269

oh, how much are the rentals for the weekend? are they the same as usual, or whats the story?

hi sinbad ,they are the same as usual if you need one just let us know and we will hold for you ,
    kind regards evelyn

• Advertisement

Hi all ,
    due to popluar demand we are putting on a free bus to G-TAC for the G5 .
    It will be leaving Galway on Saturday morning and returning on Sunday evening if you want to book please contact us at our shop on 091-768701 .
    kind regards Evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Killinator

Booked off, will be there for my 5th gathering:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Another Veteran Gatherer signing up for duty here.:D:D

looking forward to having you down guys should be a good one .
    regards evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

have to check my brownie points for this one ,
    ;);)

Gatling wrote: »
    have to check my brownie points for this one ,
    ;);)

Hi Gatling ,I am sure you have alot worked up now with all those night feeds:Dhope to see you down
    regards Evelyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Might still be able to attend one of the days at least. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭NinjaLmk

Confirming Ill be there on the 5th,

I know i should be there both days , but compromises have to be made to make at least one day :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

think il be joining Tommyboy for a day trip this time:):)

• Advertisement

Just want to remind everyone that to avail of the earlybird special of €45 for the two days you must prepay at either Eirsoft Galway, by PayPal or by forwarding us a Postal Order. Normal rates will be €25 for Saturday and €25 for Sunday.

Anyone camping under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult and are under curfew to be bedded down by 11pm.

Please let us know on thread here of your intention to come as we need to know a rough idea of numbers for food.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.
    Martin and Evelyn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement