Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law of Agency (?)

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I am currently pursuing a claim on my household insurance for a very bad flood. I have hired a loss assessor to help me process the claim and to act as a representative with the insurance company. I signed a mandate from him giving him permission to do all this.

The insurance company have had a guy come to the house, my loss assessor was there that day too and they discussed the claim. The loss assessor said that he would deal with the insurance company in full and I would not have to worry about speaking to them. But since, the insurance guy has been calling me repeatadly and even visited our house once, I just keep telling him to talk to the loss assessor but he seems so persistant, and also very condescending and sometimes rude.

The loss assessor said he intended to make a big deal out of it, he said by the law of agency the insurance guy had to conduct all matters through him.

My question is there such "laws of agency" in place? Is the insurance guy, having been given the mandate, acting unlawfully? any help apreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,302 ✭✭✭✭Victor

WxfrdJay wrote: »
    Is the insurance guy, having been given the mandate, acting unlawfully?
    Probably not, unless you consider him to be harassing you. A letter from you or the loss assessor to say this should keep him away.

It is certainly sharp practice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

When he rings - keep repeating "Mr/Ms Loss Assessor's number is ..........". Keep it up no matter what he says. He won't be long giving up.

Advertisement