Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Deal get Away

Options
  • 27-05-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

We are coming down to Portlaoise for the riding festival, well thats in Stradbally but the Comfort Inn Portlaoise have a deal for 4 of us 2 adults and 2 kids. Room for the night with breakfast and a few hrs in the pet farm nearby. That should keep the kids happy. its 89 all in, not too bad a deal. i asked and they said the deal is running June, July and August for families. They have a pool and gym too, kiddies play area so if that doesnt keep the kids happy i dont know what will in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

roscoe7 wrote: »
    We are coming down to Portlaoise for the riding festival, well thats in Stradbally but the Comfort Inn Portlaoise have a deal for 4 of us 2 adults and 2 kids. Room for the night with breakfast and a few hrs in the pet farm nearby. That should keep the kids happy. its 89 all in, not too bad a deal. i asked and they said the deal is running June, July and August for families. They have a pool and gym too, kiddies play area so if that doesnt keep the kids happy i dont know what will in.

Its now call The Maldron Hotel. There was a thread about them a few months back but the thread seems to have been deleted.

Please post back on how you get on. Decent enough deal if the hotel is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 roscoe7

Will do, we are staying on the 6th so will let you know after.

Has anyone else booked this?

Well i have to say we had a great weekend at the festival in Stradbally.
    We arrived down early Saturday and no probs getting early check in. The staff very friendly at reception.

The bedrooms were much bigger than i expected. 2 double beds in every room so plenty of room for us all. We were offered an extra bed free too when we arrived. there's an O brien's sandwich bar next door and ceasers pizza& subway so if you dont fancy eating in the hotel you can go next door. We stayed for dinner in the hotel and it was very nice.

The pet farm was excellent. we stayed there for about 2-3 hrs and plenty to do.

breakfast in the hotel was just the best.

great deal, we have booked this again for July but this time we are going for a round of golf as its just the 2 of us. same price 89 and breakfast included.

anyone else book this deal either for Pet Farm or Golf? has anyone been to the golf club in Portlaosie and can advise?

• Advertisement

Has anyone been to Portlaoise golf club? Heading down next week on this overnight stay with a round of golf for 89, not too bad. Stayed here a few weeks ago. Lovely hotel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

live in portlaoise - the golf club used to be a par 3 and got a major overhaul about 1 1/2 years ago - its a good course but not a great course. hopefully you will get the weather.

ps: are people mad to come to portlaoise for a break away.

Maybe i am but been from dublin i love coming down the country for a break. Thanks for the info on the golf club.

Second stay in this hotel at the weekend with a round of gold. 89 for our stay which included breakfast and a round of golf. the Golf club is only a walk away (3 mins) so we didnt need to bring the car. great hotel, cant say enough about the staff too. the carpark is free!!! we checked out late around 1ish and no probs. some great deals there at the moment if you like to go down country for the night.

I was a whisker from booking there for the August Bank Holiday but where they fell down for me was not having a decent option for having the kids in a separate bedroom. :cool:

So I ended up booking the Heritage as they have interconnecting rooms at a discount price and had a deal for the bank holiday too.

89 is a good price it must be said especially including the pet farm which is €7pp I believe. We might try it for one night. Whats the pool like and is there anything in the hotel for kids?

• Advertisement

The pool was great and same dept all way round which makes it easy to swim with the kids. There's a play room in the hotel for the kids. the bowling is nearby too and pet farm just outside portlaoise. This was my 2nd stay, this weekend we did the golf stay and thats just arond the corner, you can walk to it.

Hey Bazwaldo i called the hotel and they do have interconnecting rooms. You just have to request when booking. Book through there number 057 8695900.

They said they are changing their website to show interconnecting rooms.

Damn if i had of know that i would have asked at the time!!!

Hey Bazwaldo i called the hotel and they do have interconnecting rooms. You just have to request when booking. Book through there number 057 8695900.

They said they are changing their website to show interconnecting rooms.

Damn if i had of know that i would have asked at the time!!!

Yeah I rang last week but they charge full rate on the second room. €89x2/Ngt. Not good. The Heritage are charging just €30/Ngt for the extra room which includes the B&B for 3 kids.

Ha Ha you must be speaking to the wrong ppl in there. I also called the heritage looking for a deal and they offered me 149 for interconnecting rooms. This is room only too!! Add on another 12 yoyo for breakfast for adults and 9 each for the 3 kids, thats 190 all together and NO visit to the pet farm or anything else included.

I called the hotel again and their deal is 89 for 2 adults and 2 kids (if you have 3 kids no problem)to INCLUDE breakfast. if you have another child they wont charge. All the bedrooms have a double and single bed and if another bed is needed they will put it into the room in at no extra cost. You dont have to have interconnecting rooms (we didnt ) but if you do want it then they will charge 45 compared to 50 in the heritage. Basically if you want interconnecting rooms the full deal would cost 134 compared to 190 in heritage.

By far much better value!!!

Ha Ha you must be speaking to the wrong ppl in there. I also called the heritage looking for a deal and they offered me 149 for interconnecting rooms. This is room only too!! Add on another 12 yoyo for breakfast for adults and 9 each for the 3 kids, thats 190 all together and NO visit to the pet farm or anything else included.
    As I said "The Heritage are charging just €30/Ngt for the extra room which includes the B&B for 3 kids. "

I called the hotel again and their deal is 89 for 2 adults and 2 kids (if you have 3 kids no problem)to INCLUDE breakfast. if you have another child they wont charge. All the bedrooms have a double and single bed and if another bed is needed they will put it into the room in at no extra cost. You dont have to have interconnecting rooms (we didnt ) but if you do want it then they will charge 45 compared to 50 in the heritage. Basically if you want interconnecting rooms the full deal would cost 134 compared to 190 in heritage.

By far much better value!!!
    134*3=402
    I'm paying 293 for 3 nights B&B Aug BH for all(2 adults+3 kids) with interconnecting rooms in The Heritage. All I miss out on is the petfarm/bowling. But save 109 on the Maldron. Which is better value you say?

I agree the deal for the Maldron is great but the deal for the Heritage on Aug BH is better!:D

I will agree to disagree with you Barry. The heritage seem to quote different prices for different ppl.
    The Maldron always beat them on price and its well know among ppl who stay there that its much beeter value!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Are you still getting away with pimping your hotel? How many months is it now? Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I have to agree with Tequila.
    65% of your posts are about this hotel. You even managed to post in the Oxegen forum
    Your shilling would actually put me off staying there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thread locked and OP banned, no more of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement