Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland

Options
  • 27-05-2009 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know when funderland is opening??

Anyone been yet - whats it like?

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It is open tomorrow afaik.

I am glad to see they have put down a gradient of 504 around the site because prior to this(when they were setting up) it was pure mud.

I passed another two trucks in Mitchelstown this morning heading in the Limerick direction with two more rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Yep, starts tomorrow.

What's gradient 504??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Is it permanently going to be there?

Why we dont have permanent ones in Ireland Barr wexford is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Baldie wrote: »
    Yep, starts tomorrow.

What's gradient 504??

It's stone.
    Technically speaking it's clause 804.
    It's stone about 2" diamater down to dust. ANgular so it binds together when compacted.

I'd be nervous about those rides until they've been used ofr a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I can't begin to imagine the amount of horrible scum who will infest this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wouldnt go near that place, last year at least it was by Storm so you could park somewhere relatively safe, no way in hell I'm leaving my car anywhere near that scummer magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Living just a minute away from it and I'm not looking forward to some of the scum its going to bring into the area.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Berty wrote: »

I passed another two trucks in Mitchelstown this morning heading in the Limerick direction with two more rides.

How big were there tits?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's stone.
    Technically speaking it's clause 804.
    It's stone about 2" diamater down to dust. ANgular so it binds together when compacted.

I'd be nervous about those rides until they've been used ofr a few days.

Have we nothing better to do?

Berty wrote: »
    Have we nothing better to do?

Obviously not.... Do you think that people actually work in their jobs??:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

there was a queue of about 100 people outside at 4pm today, and the park was open. there was still guys digging and steamrolling stuff inside, so maybe more to come. yeah it'll be full of scum, but its got a bungee rocket, which is a must-do.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

where is it on this year?

groody link road, opposite the student apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Passed by it at 8pm it was crawling in every sort of scumbag possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

heard the caseys were out in force ther friday night,pushing onto rides,acting aggressive

They were in Kilkee in Sunday (along with every other scumbag possible)... No trouble (from what I saw) though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Besides the presence of the Casey's, is it really full of scum or are people assuming anyone with a hoody qualifies ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

have they houses or mobile homes down there?not bad for people on the dole...

Flaccus wrote: »
    Besides the presence of the Casey's, is it really full of scum or are people assuming anyone with a hoody qualifies ?

Kilkee or Funderland??

The garden shed at the back of my house was broken into over the weekend. A lawn mower and strimmer that were two weeks old were taken. The house a couple of down down was broken into too but I do not know what was taken. I don't think this is a coincidence that this occurred the same weekend that Funderland was up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Mrmoe wrote: »
    The garden shed at the back of my house was broken into over the weekend. A lawn mower and strimmer that were two weeks old were taken. The house a couple of down down was broken into too but I do not know what was taken. I don't think this is a coincidence that this occurred the same weekend that Funderland was up and running.

it may be due to it being a bank Holiday weekend moreso than funderland being open.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Mrmoe wrote: »

Flawed logic in my opinion.

Sur wasn't the Volvo Ocean race on in Galway this weekend also. Is it just a coincidence that you shed was broken into on the same weekend as the Volvo Ocean Race??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

tommy249 wrote: »
    Flawed logic in my opinion.

Sur wasn't the Volvo Ocean race on in Galway this weekend also. Is it just a coincidence that you shed was broken into on the same weekend as the Volvo Ocean Race??

LOrd give me strenght...

a hint:
    shed - limerick // funderland - limerick
    shed - limerick // volvo ocean race - galway

comprende? capische? verstehen?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

LOrd give me strenght...

a hint:
    shed - limerick // funderland - limerick
    shed - limerick // volvo ocean race - galway

comprende? capische? verstehen?

Good God I know that!!! Its called sarcasm!!
    I decided to use sarcasm as I honestly think that the logic used linking a shed breakin to funderland is as ridiculas as linking a shed breakin to the Volvo race in Galway.

How many sheds and houses are broken into week after week in Limerick. Just because funderland is in town doesn't mean that these scumbags just appear out of the woodwork for that period only. They are always always around and I cannot actually believe that they woke up one morning and decided to go to funderland and because funderland is in town they thought it would be a great idea to break into a shed!!!

It was a bank holiday weekend......... breakins always increase during these periods

ya, the scumbags arent WORKING for funderland. they've always been here.

zuroph wrote: »
    ya, the scumbags arent WORKING for funderland. they've always been here.

I know the scumbags don't work for Funderland. Under a normal bank holiday weekend there would never be such a concentration of scumbags within a few hundred yards of where I live. On this weekend because of Funderland there were an awful lot in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

OK - lets get off the namecalling topic - I went last Sunday with my girls - they had a great time - not waiting in queue's for rides - no improper conduct - the only problem i had was my purse wasn't deep enough or full enough - dear God it's an expensive couple of hours entertainment... :eek:

LB6 wrote: »
    OK - lets get off the namecalling topic - I went last Sunday with my girls - they had a great time - not waiting in queue's for rides - no improper conduct - the only problem i had was my purse wasn't deep enough or full enough - dear God it's an expensive couple of hours entertainment... :eek:

That it is alright....

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

lol ur best asking them - I kept my feet firmly on the ground! - They had fun on the jungle river - oohhh 3 times (bring change of clothes lol) /the avalanche/that yoke that looks like an octopus/ bumpers and that house thing that they walked around.... I kept them out of that ball cage that launches ppl up into the air and the pendulum - I have my limits as to what I'll put them through lmao, there were also a few stalls as well - yep money - all the rides were about 2.50 pp and it all adds up - not to mention the food that's out there....oh btw - feed them after the rides not before - (seeing ppl regurgitating their food wasn't a good part of the entertainment ;-) enjoy it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

I wouldn't go near that place with a ten foot barge pole(who's got a barge pole) but seriously I know someone who went on that jungle river and woke up the next morning because that stupid ride fooked up his back .

Advertisement